Guided Visit to Rialto Market and Bacari with Appetizer
- Explore the commercial heart of Venice and taste products with natural flavors
- Take a Venetian happy hour in the "bacari" with wine and "cicchetti"
If you are on vacation in Venice, you can't help but visit the area of Rialto, the first that developed and quickly became an important trading center. The city's main market was moved here at the end of the eleventh century. In this market all kind of trades took place between the residents of the city and the merchants, and they were able to buy and sell exotic goods just unloaded from the ships. In the sixteenth century, after a devastating fire, a complex of squares and arcades with areas dedicated to different products was built to the west of the Rialto Bridge, which still preserve the names of alleys and local squares: Erberia (vegetable market), Naranzaria (oranges), Speziali (spices) and Pescaria (fish). Even today, the people in Venice go in this market to buy fish, fruit and vegetables, in the numerous stands that result in a wonderful show of colors, flavors and aromas.
During your guided tour you can sample fresh, seasonal and local products, while listening to stories and gossip about the suppliers and learning how to select the best ingredients.
After visiting the Rialto Market, you can stop in three different bacari to enjoy a tasty break based on wine and on the famous Venetian appetizers: the cicchetti.
- Professional sommelier
- Guided tour
- Visit 3 bacari, taste 3 wines and sample 6 tapas style food
- Guided tour of Rialto food market with tastings
- In case the minimum amount of people for the guided tour isn't reached, the customer will be offered an alternative booking date or a refund
- Comfortable shoes are highly recommended
- Please notify in advance of any allergies and intolerances (otherwise any additional costs resulting from such circumstances will be charged to the customer)
Wednesday and Friday at 9:15 am
Wednesday: tour in English
Friday: tour in Italian
Cortina is just a few hours' drive from the Venetian Riviera but it might as well be light years awa...
In a country packed with historic cities, Treviso managed to escape under the radar until quite rece...
Venice is a work of art by day but she's a masterpiece at night. This afternoon and evening tour of ...
Venice's 1,500 years of history and 117 islands make it one of the world's most famous cities. With ...
As the setting of the greatest love story ever told, Verona has a lot to live up to – and it does so...
Any night in Venice is special – this trip just adds to the luxury. This afternoon and evening tour ...