- Relax on the secret garden filled island, away from the busy Venice
- Visit a local winery to enjoy a tasting
- Tour the island with a local
In the middle of the Venetian lagoon, a world away from the hustle and bustle of Venice, there is an island called the garden of Venice, St Erasmo. This island is filled with narrow canals, fields and vineyards making this island a unique place to relax and have a different kind of experience in the Venetian lagoon.
You will travel to the island on a 30 minute vaporetto with your local guide who will describe the islands of the lagoon. Once on the island you will walk past fields of vegetables and vineyards and hear about the local delicaies grown here. Together with your guide learn how the island uses an ancestral irrigation system that has since been updated, to collect rainwater in the canals that cross the vineyards and later released by gates at low tide. See the famous purple artichokes and later visit a local winery, to taste the wine produced at Orto.
- Specialized tourist assistant
- Wine tasting at a local winery
- Transfer to the meeting point
- Vaporetto ticket
- Entrance tickets for churches or monuments along the itinerary
- Explanations inside monuments or churches
Fondamente Nove, 5036, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
In front of the vaporetto station at Fondamente Nove (dock B).
- Tour operates with a minimum of 2 participants
- Maximum of 15 people per tour
- Please note that itineraries are approximate (details could change due weather, high water or other external factors)
- No entrance in museums or palaces is included in this tour
- All clients that are minors (less than 18 years of age) must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for the minor for the duration of the tour
- Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9.00am
Experience the quiet hours of Venice, the best time to experience the true Venetian culture, when li...
The region of Venice offers many of the best wines in Italy and if you are staying in Venice for jus...
Venice can boast a story of textile production which is almost one thousand years old. The tour star...
During the 17th and 18th centuries, it was estimated that there were 8 to 10,000 gondolas operating ...
It is estimated that there were 8-10 thousand gondolas operating on the canals of Venice during the ...
Vivi la tua esperienza di guida in pista, diventa tu il pilota per un giorno alla guida dell'auto de...