Day Trips & Excursions

Prosecco Wine Day Tour from Venice

Prosecco Wine Day Tour from Venice
Mobile voucher accepted
from: £ 186.00
Availability: Monday and Friday
Duration: 9 hours 30 minutes
Language: English + Other languages
Mobile voucher accepted


  • Take part in a wine cellar tour in one of the world’s most respected wine regions
  • Try the most popular Italian sparkling wine, Prosecco
  • Have lunch in a traditional trattoria in this wonderful wine country
  • Visit Cartizze hill, the most precious vineyard in Italy


Just a 90 minute drive north of Venice is one of the world’s most unique and breathtaking wine regions, where small vineyards planted on steep slopes are dedicated almost exclusively to grapes for Italy’s most prized sparkling wine, Prosecco. A roughly 20-mile stretch between Conegliano and Valdobbiadene - the heart of the so-called “Prosecco Road” - is filled with family-run wineries producing the light, crisp bubbly, which is not only a classic drink served in every restaurant and bar in Venice but has also enjoyed a recent explosion of popularity all over the world.

All Prosecco wines are made primarily or exclusively from Glera grapes, which must account for at least 85 percent of the final blend. The remaining 15 percent can consist of other locally grown white variants. These white wines can vary based on the amount of residual sugar in the wine. While Prosecco is not a sweet wine, there are four basic categories to indicate the amount of residual sugar in the wine and, hence, the degree of “dryness” or “sweetness” of the wine. Going from driest to sweetest are Brut, Extra Dry, Dry, and Demi-Sec. Counter-intuitively, Dry Prosecco is a touch sweeter than the Extra Dry and Extra Dry is a skosh sweeter than Brut.


09:00 AM: Meet your private driver in Piazzale Roma and transfer to the Prosecco wine region (1 hour 30 minutes driving).

10:30 AM: Your first stop will be at a worldwide known estate: "Nino Franco" (In case of unavailability, this estate will be replaced with another of equal quality and value). Antonio Franco founded the “Cantine Franco” winery in Valdobbiadene in 1919. The winery is proud to be one of the oldest in Valdobbiadene, located in the town centre, not far away from the countryside and the vineyards. Thanks to careful and wise management, the estate has been growing and evolving throughout three generations of producers. Antonio founded it, Nino expanded it and Primo improved the company performance. Primo Franco was one of the first pioneers to export the Prosecco and to introduce a different sparkling wine, other than Champagne into the international market. After the tour of the wine cellar and a full explanation of the production method, you will taste 3 Prosecco wines.

12:30 PM: Transfer to Follina and lunch in a traditional trattoria. Free time to visit the abbey, a cultural highlight on the prosecco wine road.

03:00 PM: Transfer to Santo Stefano and a visit to the second winery of the day, Bisol. The Bisol family manages 308 acres of vineyards in the DOCG area, spread over 35 lots in premier locations. The feather in their cap is their seven acres holding on the summit of the Cartizze hill, the most precious vineyard in Italy. Over 21 generations of the Bisol family have overseen and expanded the Bisol winery and vineyards. Sitting on the cutting edge of tradition, Bisol continuously studies the best techniques for this historic region. Each year the family tests at least six new vinification techniques in order to better understand this unique terroir. Here you will visit the cellar and taste 4 different wines.

06:30 PM: Transfer back to Piazzale Roma in Venice.


  • Guided tour of two cellars
  • Tasting of wines
  • 4-course dinner including wines
  • Private transportation
  • Local taxes



Pick up and drop off at Piazzale Roma, the only spot reachable by car in Venice. We can arrange water taxi from your hotel, at extra cost. 


The tour will not take place if it does not reach the minimum number of participants. If this happens you will be offered an alternate date for your booking or a total refund.

This tour is also available as a private tour with your choice of date and wine cellars. Please contact us for further information about rates and availability.

The tour is not recommended for pregnant women and for children (there is alcohol consumption).

You should bring a light jacket or sweater, the temperature in the cellar could be cool.

No pets allowed.


Every Monday (in English) and Friday (in Italian) at 9:00am


Musement s.r.l.

Do you need help?

from: £ 186.00