Venice afternoon walking tour with Doge's Palace
- Visit the Doge's Palace, Venice's historical and architectural symbol
- See La Fenice, one of the world's most famous opera theater
- Listen to interesting facts about Venice's history and present
- Admire Scala del Bovolo, one among Venice' architectural gem
Join this afternoon tour to explore the Venice of the Doges through its symbolic palace and a pleasant walk. You will be escorted by a professional guide, who will make the tour more captivating by telling interesting facts about Venice while visiting its most famous sites.
The tour is composed of two parts: during the first one, you will visit the famous Doge’s Palace, one of the most important symbols of Venice. For centuries, it has represented the seat of the Venetian political power. In its majestic rooms, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of the Serenissima surrounded by hundreds of masterpieces of painting art. Strolling among its majestic halls and paintings, it will be like going back to the time of the Republic of the Serenissima.
The second part of the tour will take you off the beaten track discovering the hidden treasures of Venice, as well as the quieter and more charming corners of the city. This walking tour will take you among some of the most suggestive corners of Venice, starting from La Fenice Theater (external). La Fenice is one of the major opera theatres in the world, every year hosting important opera shows.
Another particular and hidden corner you will discover is the Scala del Bovolo, an extraordinary example of Venetian architecture: gothic art mixed with renaissance style.
What you will see:
- Doge's Palace (internal)
- Rialto Bridge (internal)
- La Fenice Theater (external)
- Scala del Bovolo (internal)
- Experienced tour guide
- Entrance ticket and skip the line to the Doge's Palace
- Personal audio system to hear better the guide
- Children 0-5 years old: free of charge
In front of Yex Change Office near the Clock Tower in St Mark's Square
- Please note last part of the tour does not include entrance to main sites and it will completely take place outside (only external comments of the various sites will be provided).
- Comfortable shoes and clothes are advised.
- Skip-the-line tickets allow you to skip the line at the ticket purchasing counter. However, everyone must pass through the newly imposed security checks. Waiting times depend on the amount of people present.
- Please note that no refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided.
- Please note that the tour might be multilingual in Winter season (depending on the number of participants).
- Every day 2.15pm
- The tour takes place from April to October
Cortina is just a few hours' drive from the Venetian Riviera but it might as well be light years awa...
In a country packed with historic cities, Treviso managed to escape under the radar until quite rece...
Venice is a work of art by day but she's a masterpiece at night. This afternoon and evening tour of ...
Venice's 1,500 years of history and 117 islands make it one of the world's most famous cities. With ...
As the setting of the greatest love story ever told, Verona has a lot to live up to – and it does so...
Any night in Venice is special – this trip just adds to the luxury. This afternoon and evening tour ...