Venice Grand Canal experience
- Take a boat ride along the Grand Canal, then veer off the tourist trail into some of Venice’s smaller, quieter canals
- Explore the residential neighbourhood of Cannaregio and see how locals live
- Travel like a true Venetian, on a stylish canal taxi
- Indulge in Prosecco and cicchetti while admiring an Italian sunset
- Learn about (and taste!) local food and wine
You’ll start your Venice boat tour at the Rialto Fish Market pier, in the oldest area of Venice, right in the heart of the city. From there, we’ll climb into an oh-so-stylish Venetian taxi boat that will take us along the Grand Canal, crossing beneath that famous Rialto Bridge — a must for anyone who wants that classic Venice view.
From there, we’ll head deep into the Venice canal system, exploring the smaller canals and passing through lesser known (and less touristy!) parts of the city, such as the site of the historical city hospital, or the cemetery island of San Michele. Then, depending on the tide, we’ll ride through the Cannaregio area, the residential part of Venice that holds the Jewish Ghetto, Maddona dell’Orto Church, and Campo dei Mori.
As we continue along the Canal Grande, admiring its palaces and houses of nobility, we’ll make an aperitivo stop in San Marco Bay and cheers one another with a local wine. We’ll sip some Prosecco and sample some homemade cicchetti as the sun sets. Bellísimo!
We’ll finish up our Venice boat tour on land at San Marco Square, which is close to most hotels and accommodations — or, if you’re still eager to explore, we can direct you to some nearby neighborhoods so your night can keep going!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Boat ride
- Prosecco and cicchetti samples
- Additional food and drink
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities for the tour leader
Children 0-5 years old are not permitted on this tour
Rialto Fish Market dock (“Pontile di Pescheria”)
- Dress standard
- Please wear casual dress and comfortable shoes for walking
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- The start time of this adventure varies depending on the time of the year
- At 06.00pm from March to October
- At 03.00pm from November to February
Italians love their coffee but there are certain rules one must follow if you’re going to do Italian...
This tour will take you right to the heart of Venice, visiting the famous water city from two unique...
This is a guided tour of the area between Piazza San Marco and the Rialto Bridge. Some of the famous...
Immerse yourself in the mysterious and magic atmosphere when twilight turns into darkness. A night w...
This downloadable interactive guide is the only guided tour along the fascinating Grand Canal. With ...
Walking Tour of VeniceHave a walk (no entrances) through the most characteristic and important place...
Your Venice ghost walking tour features a delightful sightseeing route through the Hidden Venice, th...
Take a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the histo...
Escape the crowds of Venice with a day-tour excursion to explore the captivating region of Veneto. S...
Download this audio-guide app on your mobile device and you can make the most of your time in Venice...