Mathura is said to be birthplace of Lord Krishna. In fact, an ancient temple stands here, right at the spot of Lord Krishna’s birth. This holy city is amongst the seven sacred places in Hinduism. Pilgrims visit Mathura in overwhelming numbers, especially on Janmashtami (Lord Krishna’s birthday). The present structure was rebuilt in the 20th century. The Dwarkadheesh Temple remains one of the oldest and largest temples in Mathura. It is an astounding work of architecture and houses the black marble deity is of Lord Dwarkadheesh (a form of Lord Krishna) and also the white marble deity of goddess Radhika. An absolutely not to be missed place is the city of Vrindavan. Situated just about 15 km from Mathura, it’s believed to be the spot, where Lord Krishna spent his childhood and adolescent years. In fact, there is an ancient garden complex here, where the lord is believed to have serenaded maidens during his adolescence. The legend goes that the Lord still manifests here at night and no one should enter the premises after sunset. There are local anecdotes about people who lost their sanity and even lives as they chose to violate this belief. The Vrindavan complex has quite a few temples and sacred pools. During your tour of Vrindavan, you will also visit the ancient holy water bodies called Brahma Kund and Govind Kund, as well as the deeply-revered Govind Dev Ji Temple and the globally renowned Krishna Balaram ISKCON Temple.
Excursions & day trips
Full-day Mathura and Vrindavan from Agra
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Visit Mathura, an ancient temple right at the spot of Lord Krishna's birth
- Explore the city of Vrindavan, where Lord Krishna spent his childhood
- Explore at your leisure and spend more time at your favorite parts
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Pick-up from Agra city hotels only
What to remember
- Please bring your own water bottles, sunglasses, and caps
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are suggested
- Please carry a valid passport as proof of identity
- The temple complex is pretty crowded and on special occasions like Janmashtmi and others, it is heavily crowded.
- Supplement for pick-up from hotels close to Taj expressway:
- USD 20 Per Person (2-5 Pax)
- USD 12 Per Person (6-7 Pax)
- Starting time at 08:00 am
Le Passage to India Tours and Travels Private Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.