Sicily's Valley of the Temples private guided tour
- Explore Sicily's most enthralling archaeological site, which encompasses the ruined ancient city of Akragas
- Admire the stunningly well-preserved Tempio della Concordia
- Visit the "Tempio di Hera", "Tempio di Eracle", "Tempio di Zeus Olimpico" and the Sanctuary of the "Divinità Ctoniche"
- Learn the fascinating history of these majestic temples from the words of your expert guide
The Valley of the Temples is an archaeological site in Agrigento (ancient Greek Akragas), Sicily. It is one of the most outstanding examples of Greater Greece art and architecture, and is one of the main attractions of Sicily as well as a national monument of Italy. The area was included in the UNESCO Heritage Site list in 1997. The archaeological park and landscape of the Valley of the Temples is the largest archaeological site in the world with 1,300 hectares.
(FYI: The term "valley" is a misnomer, the site being located on a ridge outside the town of Agrigento).
Through this 2-hour private tour you will have the chance to admire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hill, as the Temple of Hera (Juno), the Temple of Concordia, Temple of Herakles (Hercules), the Temple of Zeus (Jupiter) and Sanctuary of chthonic deities.
Follow the steps and the words of your expert guide and you will also understand the culture that led to the construction of those majestic structures and you will get to know the characters that made Akragas "the most beautiful city of mortals".
- Private tour led by an expert guide
- Ticket to access the site (that can be bought on the spot)
- Transportation to the meeting point
Via Panoramica Valle dei Templi, 92100 Agrigento AG, Italy
Your guide will meet you in front of the ticket office of the Tempio di Giunone. Please show them your voucher (either printed or on your phone).
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and take with you some water and sunscreen
- If the weather conditions are too bad to do the tour safely, the activity will be cancelled and you'll be given a full refund
- Every day from 10:00am to 4:00pm
Treat yourself to a real journey into the past, into a story that will leave you breathless! The Arc...
Agrigento settles on the acropolis of the ancient Greek city. Its urban plan combines 25 centuries o...
The Archaeological and Landscape Park of the Valley of Temples in Agrigento is an archaeological sit...
The Valley of the Temples is an archaeological site in Agrigento (ancient Greek Akragas), Sicily. It...
The archaeological site of Eraclea Minoa extends along a white promontory, overlooking an enchanting...
Planeta brings together five estates with wineries located from west to east throughout Sicily. It i...