The birth house of the great writer and playwright Luigi Pirandello, located in a country district in the province of Agrigento, now houses a museum dedicated to him together with the library.
Declared a national monument in 1949, the ground floor of the building now houses several temporary exhibitions dedicated to the great master. On the upper floor, on the other hand, various personal objects, photographs, acknowledgments, letters, manuscripts, various first editions of books with autograph dedications and posters of his most famous works are on display.
Since 1987, the birthplace is a single institution with the Luigi Pirandello Library of Agrigento. The library contains several monographs, rare materials, periodicals, letters, manuscripts and some personal memorabilia.
Next to the house of the great writer, there is a small avenue that, crossing the countryside, leads to the place of the famous Pino di Pirandello. In the area damaged by the storm of 1997 is located the urn with the ashes of Luigi Pirandello.