Full-day lavender tour in Valensole from Aix en Provence
- Enjoy the scenic ride to Plateau of Valensole with many photo stops
- Learn about the distillation process of lavender essential oil with a local farmer
- Free time to explore the villages of Moustiers-Sainte-Marie and Sainte Croix du Verdon
- Admire the breathtaking view of the Grand Canyon of the Gorges de Verdon
Take part to this unforgettable day on the Plateau of Valensole, specialised in the cultivation of «lavandin», where small roads are winding through the fields of flowers. You will be charmed by the sights and scents of the gorgeous Blue Gold of Provence. You will meet one of the local producers and learn about cultivation and distillation of the lavender essential oil and its medicinal virtues.The journey will continue to the perched village of Moustiers Sainte-Marie. This charming village is well known for its earthern wares workshops. You will have free time for lunch (not included).
In the afternoon, you will enjoy the panoramic tour of the spectacular and majestic Gorges of Verdon, known as one of the most beautiful canyons in Europe and around the turquoise colored Lake of Sainte-Croix. Before heading back to Aix-en-Provence, we will make a last stop in the picturesque village of Sainte Croix du Verdon where you will have the possibility of swimming or sun-bathing.
- Transportation in 8-seater A/C minibus
- English-speaking professional driver/guide
- Stop at a lavender agriculturist
- Free time in Moustiers-Sainte-Marie and Sainte Croix du Verdon
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Infant (0-3): free of charge
- Children (4-11): 50% reduction
2 place du Général de Gaulle, 13100 Aix-en-Provence
In front of Apple Store, 2 place du Général de Gaulle, 13100 Aix-en-Provence
- Free time for lunch (not included) on your own during the day
- Do not forget your swimming suit
- Please be ready for pick-up 10 minutes before the tour
From 10 June 2019 – 20 July 2019
Mondays to Sundays
Departure: 9.00am/Return: 6.00pm
With this free sensorial visit, L'Occitane en Provence opens the doors of its factory in Manosque, b...
If you want to have a general overview of the 'Most Beautiful Villages in France', this tour is made...
The south of France is one of the most beautiful regions in the country and it is well known for its...
During this half-day private tour, you will see the iconic sights of Aix-en-Provence including the b...
During this full-day excursion, you will have an exceptional day out sampling the delights of good f...
From Aix-en-Provence, your guide will drive you aboard a retro side-car to Château La Coste, an idea...