Go on an awesome adventure and see the spectacular ancient city of Jerash and enchanting Ajloun castle! Meander along the paved and colonnaded streets, and take note of the soaring hilltop temples, theatres, spacious public squares, plazas, baths, fountains and city walls. Once you've visited the ancient city you'll make your way to Ajloun. This enchanting castle (Qal’at Ar-Rabad) is a fine example of Islamic architecture as it was built by Saladin’s general in 1184 AD to control the iron mines of Ajloun, and to counter the progress of the Crusaders by dominating the three main routes leading to the Jordan valley and protecting the communication routes between Jordan and Syria.
Excursions & day trips
Full-day private tour to Jerash and Ajloun from Amman
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: from 5 hours to 7 hours
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Explore the historic sites in Jerash and Ajloun with this private day trip from Amman
- Visit the medieval fortress castle of Ajloun, with beautiful old ramparts and great views of the countryside
- Enjoy the amazing Pompeii of the East
- Enjoy a panoramic city tour to reveal the beauty of ancient and modern Amman
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Entrance fees to Jerash and Ajloun Castle
- Panoramic City Tour in Amman (no stopping)
- Local English speaking guide in Jerash
- Professional driver
- All Applicable Taxes
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Personal Expenses
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Pick-up is from your city hotel in Amman
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
What to remember
- Infants (age 0-5) are free to join
- Please wear weather appropriate, comfortable clothing and shoes
- It is recommended to bring a hat, plenty of water and sunscreen (especially during summer months)
- Don't forget your camera!
- Please be ready at least 15 minutes before your pick-up is scheduled
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience