- Discover the Dutch countryside in a flexible way with the hop-on hop-off bus
- See the windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Taste traditional Dutch cheese and see how it is made
This hop-on hop-off tour through Holland’s picturesque countryside is the perfect way to explore outside the city and experience the rich culture. All the stops of the tour offer a unique insight into Dutch history and tradition. There are buses every 45 minutes from each stop which provides the perfect amount of freedom to enjoy the tour in your own pace. You can also enjoy an audio walking tour at each stop.
Visit Monnickendam, which despite being a small fishing village today, holds much historical significance as a port in earlier centuries. Hop off the bus at the stop of Cheese Factory Henri Willig to visit the Cheese Farm where you can see how cheese is made and take a free guided tour of the farm. Next stops are in Volendam and Edam, both known for their fishing boats and stunning sceneries. In Volendam you can still find residents in traditional Dutch costumes. In Zaanse Schans, admire a collection of well-preserved historic windmills and see Dutch history come to life. See the architecture in the Zaanstreek, which was the trade centre of the region in the 19th century.
As each stop is unique and provides its own slice of culture, this tour is perfect for discovering and exploring the Dutch countryside. Spend as much time in each city as you want. The flexible hop-on hop-off tour gives you the unique possibility to discover all the villages at your own pace.
You can choose to upgrade your ticket to Plus option and visit 2 of the following attractions:
- A’DAM Lookout
- Volendam Experience (VR tour)
- Digital photo in Dutch costume in Volendam
- Edam Museum
- Canal tour along the river Zaan at the Zaanse Schans (45 min)
- Day ticket for the hop-on hop-off bus tour (one round only)
- Audio guide on board in 5 languages (English, German, French, Italian and Spanish)
- Free walking tours at each stop (only English)
- Free guided tour at Henri Willig Cheese Factory
- Visit Zaanse Schans
- For customers purchasing the Plus ticket: 2 attractions of choice
- Headphones (available for purchase)
- Children ages 4-11: reduced
- Small children ages 0-3: free
Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Buses depart from This is Holland. Get there from Amsterdam Central Station by taking the ferry towards “Buiksloterweg”. Please check in at the gift shop on the ground floor. (Open from 9.00am–3.00pm).
- Note: you can only take the route once (when you return to This is Holland, you are not able to re-use your bus ticket)
- You can choose to upgrade your ticket to Plus option which allows you to visit 2 additional attractions
- The total trip takes approximately 2 hours (without stops)
- Your ticket is valid for 1 day
- Download the Hop-on Hop-off app to listen to the audio guide and see live locations of the buses. For those who don't have a smartphone audio devices are available to rent
- Tour operates every day
- Buses depart from 9.00am, every 45 minutes
- Last departure of each stop:
- This is Holland 3.00pm
- Monnickendam 6.23pm
- Henri Willig Cheese Farm 8.29pm
- Volendam 6.41pm
- Edam 6.48pm
- Purmerend 7.03pm
- Zaanse Schans 7.15pm
- Zaandam 7.30pm
Start your tour at any desired time at “This is Holland”, the ultimate virtual flight experience ove...
During your tour of Volendam, Marken and the windmills from Amsterdam, you will head toward the coun...
Holland Pass will be your personal passport to one of the most picturesque regions in Europe. It gra...
Experience Amsterdam at its most beautiful. Get aboard a canal boat when the sun goes down and the c...
Depart from Amsterdam on a comfortable bus that will take you within 15 minutes to the countryside j...
During your tour of Volendam, Marken and the windmills from Amsterdam with a live guide, you'll visi...
You thought Amsterdam was all about tulips, cheese and the Red Light District? Think again. There ar...
This unique combo ticket saves you both time and money as you explore Amsterdam's scenery on a 75-mi...
L'itinerario guidato in lingua italiana di 2 ore ti offre la possibilità di avere una prima introduz...
Take advantage of a special combination that includes a one-hour canal cruise through Amsterdam's UN...