Entrance tickets to Château d'Angers
- Visit a remarkable citadel built in the 13th century
- Admire the monumental and exeptional Apocalypse tapestry
- Walk along the rampart to get an amazing view over the city
- Book today and visit whenever you want
Discover the Château d’Angers, located in the Pays de la Loire region, at the heart of the town of Angers. This vast and well-preserved medieval fortress was built in 13th century by the young Saint-Louis, son of Louis VIII, because of the strategic position next to the Maine River. Punctuated by 17 towers, the massive medieval fortifications in schist and limestone stretch for almost 500 metres.
This is a site of extraordinary richness and diversity, featuring archaeological remains, a royal fortress, ducal buildings from the late Middle Ages.
Inside you will also admire a wonderful treasure: the literally monumental Apocalypse tapestry. At 140m in length, it is the largest woven work of medieval art. This unique and exceptional masterpiece illustrates the historical, social and political context of the 14th century in France – the time of the Hundred Years War, plague and famine.
At the heart of the huge fortress, discover the residential buildings and beautifully tended gardens, located in the dried up moats. You will also be amazed by a charming Renaissance style garden, nestled behind the ramparts.
With your skip-the-line entrance, you will have access to the Apocalypse Tapestry, ramparts, chapel, gardens, ground floor of the Royal House with the model room and Porte des Champs. The floors of the Royal House are accessible during temporary exhibitions.
Don’t miss the walk along the ramparts of the Château d’Angers to get a panoramic and stunning view over Angers.
- Entrance to the Château d'Angers
- Self-guided tour with visitors booklet in French, English, German, Italian, Spanish
- Audioguide (with complementary cost of 3€)
The entrance is free for:
- Children under 18 (except school group)
- EU citizens (18-25)
- Disabled people and their attendant
- Unemployed people (proof required dated within the last 6 months)
- Holders of the BLANCHE ANGERS card
Château d'Angers, 2 Promenade du Bout du Monde, 49100 Angers
Present your voucher upon arrival at the entrance of the monument.
- Last admission 30 mn before closing time
- Rooms and shop close 15 minutes before closing time
- The site is largely outdoors, so be aware of weather conditions
- The rampart walk may be closed in bad weather (wind, black ice, snow, rain, etc.)
- Access to the towers and ramparts is gained via a large number of steps, which can sometimes be irregular and slippery.
- The tower rooms are dark and the gallery containing the Apocalypse Tapestry is in semi-darkness and at a temperature of between 18 and 20°C.
- The site is partly accessible to the Physically Impaired
- Dogs are not permitted (except assistance dogs)
FROM 2 JANUARY TO 30 APRIL
Open every day10.00-17.30
FROM 2 MAY TO 4 SEPTEMBER
Open every day9.30-18.30
FROM 5 SEPTEMBER TO 31 DECEMBER
Open every day10.00-17.30
1 January, 1 May, 1 & 11 November and 25 December.
Last admission 45 minutes before closing.
Rooms and shop close 15 minutes before closing time.
Live like a king for a day and experience the art de vivre à la française at Amboise, Clos Lucé, Che...
Set off on amazing journeys and dive headlong into the fantastic, fun and festive Futuroscope atmosp...
The Château du Clos Lucé is Leonardo da Vinci’s last home, who was a renaissance art and science ico...
Discover 3 highlights of the Loire Valley, listed in the World Heritage by the UNESCO, in this fully...
Follow your private guide and listen what the old stones have to tell and if you have children your ...
Discover 3 highlights of the Loire Valley in this fully inclusive one day tour: castle of Chenonceau...
The kings of France and England encouraged the development of wine since they wanted to drink the be...
Discover the castles of Blois, Cheverny and Chambord, three highlights of the Loire Valley listed at...
Led by an expert guide, you'll dive into French history visiting the castles of Chambord and Chenonc...
Make the most of your trip to Paris with this offer including a ticket for the Moulin Rouge show and...