Discover what to do in Valle d'Aosta in a fun and innovative way! Enjoy a walking food tour of the beautiful city of Aosta to explore its restaurants, wine bars, and cafes together with a local food expert.
Here's a list of possible tastings:
- Valle d'Aosta platter accompanied by local wine: authentic traditional flavors of Val d'Aosta with a rich platter of jambon seasoned in juniper and genepy, lard from Arnad DOP, chestnuts in syrup with honey, mocetta, cheeses from Valle d'Aosta, white and black bread
- Fontina cheese served with polenta: the typical local cheese served on croutons of freshly baked polenta...a valid alternative to the platter, to be tasted while sipping a good glass of wine!
- Fondue: prepared with the traditional Aosta Valley Fontina DOP. Tasted with croutons or to accompany a delicious vegetable pastry
- Zuppa alla Valpellinentse: typical recipe of peasant origin of the Valle d'Aosta, it is a rich and genuine dish based on savoy cabbage and naturally fontina cheese
- Polenta concia: according to Valle d'Aosta tradition, prepared with wisdom for decades in one of the best restaurants in town
- Tasting of local Aosta Valley cheeses: the most traditional ones, served in an old cheese shop in town and then tasted (season permitting) in a wonderful location
- Tegole valdostane: handmade in one of the best pastry shops in Aosta. A delicious gift to enjoy at home too
- Coffee: served in a lovely garden in the center of town
- Gin (winter evenings only): a great way to end a cold winter evening, in a gourmet place dedicated to its tasting
- Ice cream (summer only): prepared with only natural ingredients in one of the best local artisan ice cream parlors