Ancient Messene Day Trip from Costa Navarino
- Visit the ancient city of Messene, one of the best-preserved archeological sites in Greece
- Discover the village of Mauromati and learn the fascinating legend of its name
- Enjoy a short visit to the Archeological Museum of the city before returning to your hotel
Messene is a significant ancient city in terms of its size, form, and state of preservation. It has the advantage of never having been destroyed or covered by later settlements, and is located on an unspoiled inland site. With the help of your guide, you'll spend a full day learning its amazing history and uncovering all its secrets.
The first stop of your tour of Ancient Messene will be the village Mauromati, where you'll be told the legend that reveals the its name. You'll be amazed by the structures of the city’s fortification wall and the only surviving entrance gate to the ancient city: they've been standing there since 369 BC. You'll enter through the Arcadian Gate and you'll admire its splendor; try to imagine how it felt to be a Messenian warrior going to battle.
When you finish the tour inside the archaeological site, your guide will be waiting with cool water, ready to answer all your questions before ending your trip with a visit to the small Archaeological Museum.
- Guided tour of Ancient Messene
- Visit to the Archeological Museum
You can confirm the pick-up location directly with the local operator. You'll find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- This tour is only available for groups of 4-6 people
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
Every day at 9:00 am.
This e-bike tour is designed to take you around the area that surrounds the Acropolis and includes t...
This open-top, double-decker bus tour of Athens takes around 90 minutes and encompasses central Athe...
Athens bike tour is the best way to have fun while cycling and uncovering the charms of Athens with ...
Enjoy being at the center between the East and Europe, Greece has always enjoyed a great variety of ...
After a long flight, you don't need to waste time looking for a taxi. Board your air-conditioned veh...
After being picked up from your accommodation, your tour will begin from the Ancient Theatre of Milo...