Ancient Olympia day trip from Costa Navarino
- Visit Ancient Olympia and discover all there is to know about its history and foundation
- Enter the ancient stadium and breathe in the atmosphere of ancient times, the splendor and magic of the Olympic idea
- Explore the Museum of Olympia, one of the largest and most important museums in Greece
Your tour will begin from your hotel and in less than two hours, crossing the valley of the river Alpheus, you'll be in the Western Peloponnese, in Olympia. During your trip, you'll learn everything about this ancient city. The history of its foundation began in 776 BC when three Greek kings decided to leave aside their interest in war to dedicate the time of their soldiers for something more peaceful: Sports! The ethos and the ideals of the ancient Greeks, the excellent preparation of the organizers and the massive participation of athletes made it possible for these games become the most famous and important event of the ancient world.
Entering the ancient stadium through the Crypt, you'll get to feel the agony of the athletes who were taking part in the games in front of thousands of spectators. You'll have the opportunity to be photographed in the exact spot where, even today, the lighting of the Olympic Flame takes place.
Next, you'll stop at the Museum of Olympia, one of the largest and most important museums in Greece; it will make you breathe the atmosphere of these times, the splendor and magic of the Olympic idea.
Once the tour is over you'll be taken to the nearest restaurant to relax or to try the excellent Mediterranean cuisine. Before heading back, you can visit the new city of Olympia with the traditional souvenir shops.
- Guided tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees (ancient Olympia, 12 eur per person)
- Food and drinks (between 5 and 30€ per person, depending on the your needs)
Hotel pick-up. You can confirm the pick-up location directly with the local operator. You'll find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- This tour is only available for groups of 4-6 people
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
Every day at 7:00 am.
If you're looking to explore Attika beyond Athens, you'll appreciate this great half-day tour, compl...
Your Athens market tour and Greek cooking lesson is not just a simple cooking demonstration, but a c...
Stroll through the streets of Athens after the sun goes down and admire the illuminated edifices of ...
This e-bike tour is designed to take you around the area that surrounds the Acropolis and includes t...
Athens bike tour is the best way to have fun while cycling and uncovering the charms of Athens with ...
After a long flight, you don't need to waste time looking for a taxi. Board your air-conditioned veh...