Athens: Acropolis and Acropolis Museum tour
- Enjoy this three-hour walking tour of the Acropolis in Athens
- Explore this famous archaeological site with an expert guide
- Visit the spectacular Parthenon and the Temple of Athena
- Take in breathtaking views of Athens from the Acropolis' summit
The tour begins inside the Syntagma metro station where you will visit the metro Museum (in 10 minutes) with very interesting archaeological artifacts from the daily life of Ancient Athens that came to light during the construction of the metro.
You will then continue on to the House of the Greek Parliament, the Monument to the Unknown Soldier and watch the changing of the guards. Your tour continues towards the National Gardens and on to the beautiful neoclassical Zappeion Hall, in front of which tower the surviving columns of the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch, both of which you will have the opportunity to visit. From there you enter the famous Plaka district where you see the statue of Melina Merkouri.
You will enter the Acropolis from the south slope so as to avoid the crowds and also to visit theDionysus sanctuary and Dionysus Theatre built in the 5th century BC. Your guide will take care of the entrance tickets so you can skip the line. As you begin to ascend the sacred hill a breathtaking view of the city below will unfold.
Your guide will give you a detailed explanation of the glorious monuments of the Acropolis such as the Parthenon, the Erectheion, the Propylaia, the Nike Temple and the surrounding monuments such as the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Agora, the Observatory as well as the Philopappos, Mars, and Pnyx Hills.
The New Acropolis Museum was designed by Swiss architect Bernard Tschumi in co-operation with the Greek architect Michalis Photiadis. Its unique design has incorporated the excavations which are visible under stunning glass floors. The Acropolis masterpieces are marked out and given the prominence they deserve through the ideal interior atmosphere conditions, the natural lighting, as well as easy visitor access, panoramic views and excellent layout of the exhibition areas. It exhibits about 4,000 artifacts.
Don't worry, you will have time to explore and take pictures at the Acropolis.
You will then continue the tour with your guide to the Acropolis Museum. On the way and before you start the guided tour in the Museum at about 13:45, you will have time to get a sandwich or a drink if you like.
- Local licensed guide
- Entrance tickets
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverages
- Children ages 6-11 and students ages 12-18: reduced rate
- Children under the age of 6: free
Dionysiou Areopagitou 5, Athina 117 42, Greece
Your Athens Walking Tours guide holding the orange colored Athens Walking Tours sign will pick you up from the "FRESKO" Yogurt Bar located on 3, Dionysiou Areopagitou str. which is at the beginning of the pedestrian walkway that takes you from Hadrian's Arch to the Acropolis.Please be at the meeting point at 11:15 am. This tour is a part of the tour "City Tour & Acropolis" which starts earlier. Our guide with his/her group will come to the meeting point between 11:15 am and 11:30 am the latest; she or he will be holding the orange colored Athens Walking Tours sign. TIP: While waiting for your guide at "FRESKO" it is a good idea to enjoy a fresh authentic Greek yogurt with honey or spoon sweet. It's a tasty and healthy delicacy and the right refreshment before going up to the Acropolis.
- Students need to have a valid Student ID Card with them at the time of the tour and teenagers must have an identification (id or passport) to prove their age
- After the first part of the tour, you will have time to take your pictures at the Acropolis and then you will walk with your tour guide to the Acropolis Museum.
- On the way to the Museum, you can grab a snack or a drink and the tour in the Museum will start by 13:45 and will be finished by 15:00
- ENTRANCE TICKETS ARE NOT INCLUDED: Admission fees for all places we visit during the Just the Acropolis & Acropolis Museum Tour (Parthenon, Nike temple, Propylea, Erechtheion, Dionysus Theatre and Acropolis Museum) are not included in the tour's price:
- The Acropolis ticket costs 20 € (reduction 10 €)
- The Acropolis Museum ticket costs 5 € (reduction 3 €)
- Your tours take place in all weather, rain or shine
- Please make sure you have enough cash (in euros) with you to purchase the tickets
- The tickets are usually purchased in advance so that you may skip the line
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Daily: 11:30 am
- Please make sure that arrive at 11.15am
- The tours do not take place on the following public Holidays: January 1st - New Year's Day, March 25th - National Holiday, Greek Orthodox Good Friday (before 12:00), Greek Orthodox Easter Sunday, May 1st - Labor Day, October 28th - National Holiday, December 25th & 26th - Christmas
- On Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Easter) our tour starts at 12:15 pm.
If you're looking to explore Attika beyond Athens, you'll appreciate this great half-day tour, compl...
Your Athens market tour and Greek cooking lesson is not just a simple cooking demonstration, but a c...
Located at 52 Adrianou Street in Monastiraki, just a stone’s throw away from the historic city cente...
Stroll through the streets of Athens after the sun goes down and admire the illuminated edifices of ...
What's the point of visiting Athens without seeing the Acropolis? This is a must-see attraction, a s...
Delfi, chiamata anticamente "l'ombelico del mondo", il cui prestigio si estese oltre i confini del M...