Uncover the fascinating life of Martin Luther King Jr. on a 1.5 hour, that reveals how Atlanta and the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood changed the world. This Atlanta history tour includes inspirational visits outside Ebenezer Baptist Church, the King Center, and unexpected locations even locals don’t know about. Your guide will make the most of your visit to the King Historic District and make every minute you spend in this neighborhood count! By the end of the tour, you will have an understanding of the people and places that inspired the Civil Rights Movement. As the only tour in the city authorized by the King Center, you'll get the inside scoop into this incredible neighborhood.
Martin Luther King Jr. historic district tour
- Entertaining and immersive stories of Dr. King and the many Civil Rights leaders in Atlanta
- Seeing Prince Hall Grand Lodge, a hidden treasure in the Civil Rights Movement
- See the exterior of Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church and the King Center
- Taking in the phenomenal views at the Jackson Street Bridge
- Understanding the impact of the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood and the Civil Rights Movement
- Free parking on John Wesley Dobbs Ave at the National Historic Park parking lot (5 minute walk to start of tour)
- Guided walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Roundtrip transportation
- Children (age 0-2): free
450 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
Meet across the street from historic Ebenezer Baptist Church located at 450 Auburn Ave NE where there is a statue of an African man holding a baby to the sky. Your guide will be in the amphitheater or near the rose garden waiting.
- Note: This tour currently does NOT include going inside the King Birth Home nor any buildings. This is a 1.7-mile walk with lots of standing, so please contact us if you have any physical limitations or difficulty walking
- Tours operate with small groups
- Tour held outdoors without entering Ebenezer Baptist Church or the King Center, since those locations are currently closed
- Guides will carry wipes and hand sanitizer for guests
- All guests must wear a mask covering their nose, mouth, and chin throughout the tour
- Social distancing is encouraged
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own water bottle
- Guests will be required to sign a waiver confirming that they do not have COVID symptoms
- Digital brochure provided for contactless experience
- Tour operates rain or shine, so umbrellas are encouraged if rain is in the forecast. Rain ponchos provided
- Friday through Sunday: See calendar
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start time
Planning a trip to Atlanta? Experience ten million gallons of aquarium life or a fun pop-culture tou...
Bring your whole herd to Zoo Atlanta! A proud accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquar...
Dive into Southern cuisine while exploring Atlanta's past on this delicious food tour through Victor...
The Electric Car tour of Atlanta is guaranteed to equip you with all of the vital information you wi...
The Eastside Atlanta Segway tourincludes a wonderful in-depth look into Atlanta’s historic neighborh...
Enjoy the sights of the heartland of Atlanta while letting your senses take you away. Pass through t...