Uncover the fascinating life of Martin Luther King Jr. on a 2-2.5 hour tour that reveals how Atlanta and the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood changed the world. This Atlanta history tour includes inspirational visits outside Ebenezer Baptist Church, the King Center, and unexpected locations even locals don’t know about. Your guide will make the most of your visit to the King Historic District and make every minute you spend in this neighborhood count! By the end of the tour, you will have an understanding of the people and places that inspired the Civil Rights Movement. As the only tour in the city authorized by the King Center, you'll get the inside scoop into this incredible neighborhood.
Martin Luther King Jr. historic district tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Smaller Group Size
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Hear entertaining and immersive stories of Dr. King and the many Civil Rights leaders in Atlanta
- Learn about hidden treasures from Civil Rights Movement
- See the exterior of Historic Ebenezer Baptist Church and the King Center
- Take in the phenomenal views at the Jackson Street Bridge
- Understand the impact of the Old Fourth Ward neighborhood and the Civil Rights Movement
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Free parking on John Wesley Dobbs Ave at the National Historic Park parking lot (5 minute walk to start of tour)
- Guided walking tour
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Roundtrip transportation
450 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA, USA
Meet across the street from historic Ebenezer Baptist Church located at 450 Auburn Ave NE where there is a statue of an African man holding a baby to the sky. Your guide will be in the amphitheater or near the rose garden waiting. Your guide will have an orange flag and will check you in on their mobile device when you arrive. DO NOT GET ON A BUS TOUR. This is a walking tour.
What to remember
- This tour currently does not include going inside the King Birth Home nor any buildings
- This is a 1.7-mile walk with lots of standing, so please contact the tour operator if you have any physical limitations or difficulty walking
- This tour operates with small groups
- This tour is held outdoors without entering Ebenezer Baptist Church or the King Center, since those locations are currently closed
- Restrooms may not be available
- Guides will carry wipes and hand sanitizer for guests
- All guests must wear a mask covering their nose, mouth, and chin throughout the tour
- Social distancing is encouraged
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own water bottle
- Guests will be required to sign a waiver confirming that they do not have COVID symptoms
- Digital brochure provided for contactless experience
- This tour operates rain or shine, so umbrellas are encouraged if rain is in the forecast. Rain ponchos will be provided
- Infants (ages 0-5): free
Unexpected Atlanta Tours & Stories
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience