Walking tour of Avignon and Popes' Palace
- Discover the rich history of Avignon
- Skip-the-line access to the Popes' Palace
- Enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the tour
Explore the historical center of Avignon on a 3-hour walking tour with your English-speaking guide.
Climbing up to the top of the fortified medieval city walls, discover Avignon stretching in all its beauty along the Rhône river. Discover the rich historical past of the city where the papacy established in the early 14C. Enjoy skip-the-line access and follow your guide inside the Pope's Palace, the largest Gothic-styled Palace in Europe. In this maze of galleries, chambers and chapels, imagine its luxurious furnishing and sumptuous decoration from the medieval period.
Walking on the cobbled streets to the Place de l'Horloge, find out about the secret of the painted windows. See the Town Hall topped with its clock tower, and the theatre.
Your tour will end up with a glass of Côtes du Rhône wine served in a historical place, mostly known by the locals.
- Entrance fees to Popes' Palace
- A guided walking tour
- A glass of wine
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Infant (0-3): free of charge
- Children (4-11): reduced
33 rue de la Balance, 84000 Avignon
Meet us at our agency located at 33 rue de la Balance, 84000 Avignon.
- Guests must be able to walk over paved streets, then climb a series of steps to reach the Pope's palace
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- Cancellation fees: Less than 2 days before departure : 20% of tour price | Less than 1 day before departure: 40% of tour price | The same day: 100% of tour price
- From 1 April 2018 – 31 March 2019
Mondays and Fridays
Departure at 9.30am | Return at 12.30pm
No tours on 1st May 2018, 25th December 2018, 1st January 2019
AIME MOI SI TU PEUX ! "Soirée speciale Saint-Valentin" + 1 COUPE DE CHAMPAGNE OFFERTE + de Julien Si...
de Bruno Gallisa avec Bruno Gallisa, Florine Demange mise en scène Nathalie Hardouin Adé est une fem...
THOMAS VDB "Bon chienchien" avec Thomas VDB - mise en scène Kader Aoun Pourquoi lire les livres en e...
Pascal Amoyel, piano et comédie
uteur Matéi Visniec Mise en scène / Scénographie Serge Barbuscia Musique Originale Eric Craviatto Av...
Découvrir un auteur : l’écouter, échanger avec lui, explorer son oeuvre, entendre ses textes, se pro...