Authentic Thai cooking class at Amita School
- Learn how to cook your favorite Thai dishes
- Pick fresh ingredients from the nursery herb garden
- Enjoy your own delicious creations for lunch
Learn how to cook the best Thai dishes at Amita Thai Cooking Class and then sit down to enjoy your own creations for lunch during this 6-hour experience.
Amita Thai Cooking class is located within the landscape of the Chao Phraya River, on the bank of the water arteries that run through the old town of Bangkok. The name Amita is a Sanskrit word that literally means everlasting or eternity.
At Amita Thai Cooking Class, you will learn how to prepare and cook many favorite Thai dishes from our extensive list of recipes such as Khang Keaw Wan Gai (Green Curry Chicken in Coconut Milk), Phad Thai (Stir fried soft rice noodles with prawns and tamarind sauce) and Tom Yum Goong (Clear hot and sour soup with fresh prawns).
Classes are completely hands-on, encouraging you to practice Thai cooking techniques. The instructors will introduce you to Thai cuisines and explain the four delicious dishes you will be cooking, before leading you through our nursery herb garden to pick first-handedly fresh Thai ingredients for your dishes. Among the plant varieties found in the school's garden are guinea pepper, holy basil, kaffir lime, piper sarmentosum, plate brush and Thai basil.
Our instructors will then present a cooking demonstration and provide tasting samples. At your personal cooking station, the instructors will guide you through the recipe step-by-step as you cook the dish.
At the end of the class, a delicious four-course meal prepared by you, will be set up for lunch at our Thai style veranda overlooking the canal. The place is well shaded by many mango, star fruit and rose apple trees.
- Services tax
- All food and ingredients for your self-cooked lunch
- Return transportation from centrally located Bangkok hotels
- Ride through Bangkok Yai canal
- Gratuities (optional)
- Towel and herbal drink
162/17 Soi Wutthakat 14 Wutthakat Road, Talad Plu Thonburi, Bangkok, Thailand
Begin your cooking experience at the Amita Thai cooking school.
- This experience is not available for children 8 years or younger
- School is closed Wednesday
- Walking in the garden can be a bit wet and muddy, it is suggested to wear old shoes and clothes
- Vegetarian dishes are available upon request
- Menu items subject to change without prior notice
- Thursdays to Tuesdays at 8.00am
- Please note the school is closed on Wednesdays
Cruise Bangkok Old City at night on a Tuk Tuk or Thailand's iconic 3-wheeler and hop to favorite loc...
Welcome to an engaging hands-on authentic Thai cooking class where you will learn about exotic Thai ...
On a three and a half hours guided walking tour through Bangkok’s Chinatown and some of the city’s m...
See the REAL Bangkok that most visitors do not see. By bike, you will explore the narrow alleyways, ...
From the moment you arrive, this private transfer service will provide a comfortable and efficient t...
Enjoy a panoramic view of Bangkok when you visit the Mahanakhon SkyWalk, located at the top of King ...