Experience an early morning trip along the bustling Chao Phraya River and the city's canals in a long tail boat. Drive to River City Pier to board your long-tailed boat to begin this fun and fascinating adventure.
Bangkok, on the eastern side of the mighty Chao Phraya River, and Thonburi, on the western side, are covered by many canals called 'klongs'. They form a large Network and are an important part of life for millions of Thais everyday. Mainly built and used for drainage and transportation purposes hundreds of years ago, you can still see many water taxis zipping back and forth carrying many locals to and from work.
On this amazing tour, you will cruise pass the Oriental Hotel, the old Customs, Santa Cruz Cathedral and Wat Kanlaynamit.
Stop at one of the most identified landmarks in Bangkok, Wat Arun. Wat Arun, or the 'Temple of Dawn' is located on the Thonburi side of the 'River of Kings'. Back in the seventeenth century King Taksin built Thonburi to be Siam's new capital city and also the incredible Wat Arun. Then in the nineteenth century King Rama II decided to extend it and built its distinctive prang (spires).
Tour with hotel pick-up:
- This tour includes hotel pick-up / drop off and is available from most centrally located Bangkok hotels
- If Option is chosen, hotel pick up may be 30-60 minutes prior to tour Start time/Departure time (depending on hotel location)
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- This tour IS refundable (conditions apply)
Tour without hotel pick-up:
- tour does not include hotel pick up / drop off. Please make your way to the Narai Hotel to meet your guide no later than 8:15am or 1.15pm
- This tour IS NOT refundable