Guided Tour of Palau de la Música Catalana in Barcelona
- The tour starts in the Rehearsal Hall of the Orfeó Catala
- The Lluís Millet Hall: a tribute to nature
- The Concert Hall, an explosion of color, shapes and light
The Palau de la Música Catalana is one of the most representative monuments of Barcelona and one of the most recommended tourist attractions of the city.
Built between 1905 and 1908 by the great architect Lluis Domènech i Montaner, the Palau is an architectural jewel of Catalonia and an essential part of any visit to the city, as any of the most fascinating Gaudí buildings.
This historical building, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1997, offers an experience so magical that visitors fall in love with it. Thanks to the hand of experienced guides, the wonders of this architectural pearl can be discovered and visitors will fall into a fantasy world full of details and references to the characteristic nature of modernist architecture.
An essential visit in the list of top 10 things to see in Barcelona.
The tour starts in the Rehearsal Hall of the Orfeó Catala, where the foundation stone of the building was laid in 1905 and where even today, as it has for more than 100 years, the choir of the Orfeó Català rehearses regularly. Sitting in this intimate space, visitors can learn the reason for its importance with an audiovisual tour.
The tour continues along the grand staircase decorated with flowers, Catalan flags and a single rail: built in a clever combination of a range of materials including iron and glass to create a world of detail which never ceases to amaze visitors and viewers.
You will then visit the Lluís Millet Hall, take a glimpse at the large balcony composed of columns symbolizing flowers of every kind, it is a real tribute to nature.
Finally visit the Concert Hall where an explosion of color, shapes and light will welcome you to this great masterpiece of decorative art which amazes and inspires visitors and artists day after day. Also go up to the second floor, next to the great skylight, a drop of water and honey, a source of both light and inspiration.
And finally the organ of the Palau, overlooking the room, will accompany the audience on a little musical journey.
- Guided tour of Palau de la Música Catalana
- Entrance ticket to Palau de la Música Catalana
- Food and drinks
- Youth (10-17 years)
- Senior (65+ years)
- For children (0-9 years) this tour is free (must be accompanied by an adult)
Palau de la Música Catalana, Carrer del Palau de la Música, 4-6, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Palau de la Música Catalana - Carrer del Palau de la Música, Barcelona.
How to arrive:
- Bus Lines: V15, V17, 45
- Barcelona Tourist Bus (route north and south): Stop Casa Batllo - Antoni Tàpies Foundation
- City Tours (Tours Barcelona): Stop 2, Gothic
- Metro Urquinaona: L1, L4
- RENFE: Station Plaça Catalunya
- FGC: Station Plaça Catalunya
- Please be on time. After the tour has started no new guests will be allowed to join
- Smoking is prohibited in the entire building
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside the auditorium
- Cloakroom service and luggage services are not available
- The Palau de la Música Catalana reserves the right to refuse admission. Official complaint forms are available upon request at the Reception desk of the building for the submission of any complaints and/or comments
- Tour in English at 10.00am, 11.00am, 12.00pm, 1.00pm and 3.00pm
- Tour in French at 10.30am and 2.30pm
- Tour in Spanish at 11.30am ,1.30pm and 3.30pm
- Tour in Italian at 2.00pm
- Blackout dates: 18, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30 and 31 December
Fifteen years as a professional in the booths gives you plenty of opportunity. Without going any fur...
DJ Stile Genres: Hip hop,R&B,Urban Lines Up: Dj Yoda,STILE Atmospheres: Hipster,Alternative Door Pol...
Expect the finest names in house & techno curated by RAXON alongside HITCH. We return to INPUT for o...
5h techno with our oldest resident. / 5h of techno with our most experienced resident. Genres: Techn...
Pacha doesn't get tired of the party. If they are the only ones that are going to host a massive eve...
Fayer focuses on bridging the gap between indie electronica and the more club based sound of undergr...