Montserrat tour from Barcelona with visit of Santa Cecilia church and brunch
- Watch Sean Scully's intervention in the romanesque church of Santa Cecilia
- The Basilica of Montserrat holds the Montserrat Virgin, known as La Moreneta
- Breathtaking views of the natural park and towns around
- One of the most outstanding sites in the world for its fusion of Christianity and avant-garde art
Early privileged visit to the magnificent Montserrat mountain and sanctuary uncrowded followed by an unforgettable visit with brunch to the hidden treasure at Montserrat mountain Santa Cecilia church, where you will admire one of the most outstanding sites in the world for its magnificent fusion of Christianity and avant-garde art.
Start your day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable luxury micro-bus to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter). The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breath taking views of the Montserrat mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will enjoy an early visit to the Royal Basilica of Montserrat before it gets crowded. This sanctuary holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to visit the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat and taste typical liquors.
After the visit we will take you to the Montserrat hidden treasure, the ancient monastery of Santa Cecilia, located in a privileged and peaceful place on a natural terrace that offers extraordinary views of the emblematic cliffs of Montserrat , the valleys and also the Pyrenees on clear days.
You will enjoy an audio-guided visit of the church that is one of the most outstanding examples of Romanesque architecture in the region. The nobility of the church has been conserved over the centuries. This is a quality that the well-known Irish painter Sean Scully ably reflects in his artistic intervention in the interior, where he has created an exceptional ensemble of painting and stained glass. His work makes Santa Cecilia one of the most outstanding sites in the world for its magnificent fusion of Christianity and avant-garde art. This is a unique in which to appreciate and feel history, art and spirituality in close contact with the natural beauty of Montserrat itself.
After the visit you will continue your experience enjoying a delicious brunch paired with wines on the porch or beautiful courtyard inside the enclosure. After the brunch we will return to Barcelona.
- Air conditioned luxury micro-bus
- English guide all the tour
- Taste of 4 typical liquors handmade by the monks of the Royal Basilica of Montserrat
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Royal Basilica of Montserrat "Espai Audiovisual Montserrat"
- Entrance and audioguided visit to Santa Cecilia church
- Brunch at Santa Cecilia church (three tapas of the typical gastronomy of the area paired with a cup of white wine, a cup of black wine and a cup of cava typical sparkling wine of Catalonia)
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children 0-3 years: free (food and beverages not included)
- Youth 4-12 years old: reduced
Carrer de Balmes, 5, Barcelona, Spain
This tour starts from Julià Travel Gray Line Spain office at: Carrer de Balmes 5, Barcelona
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- From 01 April to 31 October: Wednesday and Friday at 8.00am (Check-in at 7.45am)
Mahler Chamber Orchestra Gustavo Dudamel, director F. Schubert Sinfonía núm. 3, en Re mayor, D. 200 ...
Un des opéras les plus emblématiques, avec Lianna Haroutounian et les débuts d'Ainhoa rteta dans le ...
Le contre-ténor Bejun Mehta et la soprano Lisette Oropesa à l'affiche de l'une des perles de la sais...
The most commercial music night of the week has the name of Pacha-chá! Go get wild in the best club ...
The most crazy sessions take place at Pacha Barcleona every Monday during summer time! An amazing pe...
J.S. BACH, Passion selon Saint Matthieu, BWV 244Fiche artistique : Marta Mathéu, soprano Rachel Redm...