Meet your guide in the center of Barcelona in the morning, and get ready for your walking tour of the Old Town and Gothic Quarter areas. Follow your guide along the ancient streets, and discover the origins of Roman Barcelona, dating back more than 2,000 years. Imagine the Roman Forum in the current Plaça de Sant Jaume, which, even today, remains the political power of Catalonia. Walk alongside one of the world's best-preserved Roman walls, and imagine how even at that time thalassotherapy baths were taken at the Roman Baths of Pati Llimona in the eastern part of the wall. Admire the architecture and monumental buildings of the Gothic Quarter, including the 14th-century Plaça del Rei. Learn about the city's Christian side at the Barcelona Cathedral and Santa Maria del Mar, an outstanding example of Catalan Gothic architecture. Soak up the energy of the surrounding neighborhood, filled with bars, restaurants, and small boutiques. Walk along the lively Ramblas, and see street performers before continuing on to the famed Boqueria market for a glimpse at the gastronomic traditions of the Catalan people.
Old Town and Gothic Quarter walking tour in Barcelona
Availability: see calendar
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Discover Barcelona's Gothic Quarter on a guided walking tour
- Hear about thousands of years of history, from the Romans to the middle ages and present-day
- See medieval architecture like the Plaça del Rei and Barcelona Cathedral
- Visit the Plaça de Sant Jaume, the political center for Catalonia
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Professional local guide
- Walking tour
What's not included
- Food or beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up or drop-off
- Child (3 - 8 years old)
- Infant (0-2 years old): free admission
Carrer de Fontanella, 2, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
In front of the Movistar Centre. Look for your guide, wearing the "In Out Barcelona Tours" badge
What to remember
- This tour is available in English and Spanish, you'll have to choose the desired language at checkout
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 15 people
- See calendar for exact available dates and times
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the beginning of the tour
InOut Barcelona tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.