Alberobello e-bike tour with cheese tasting
- Explore Alberobello, capital of Trulli and UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1996
- Ride surrounded by trulli along suggestive country roads lined by dry-stone walls
- See how to make the traditional mozzarella and taste the typical Apulian cheese
Enjoy the land of trulli on e-bike and discover the perfumes, colors and history of this amazing place that has been able to preserve its own identity for centuries. You'll cycle through small villages surrounded by trulli, dry-stone walls, old oak trees, and typical Apulian farmhouses.
Discover Alberobello, UNESCO World Heritage site since 1996. You'll feel like you are in a fairy tale, thanks to its unusual and typical trulli, whitewashed dry-stone dwellings with conical roofs. Visit the two main districts, "Rione Monti" and "Aia Piccola" that both include more than 1.000 trulli and the Trullo Sovrano (Sovereign Trullo), the Museum of the Territory and to the Minor Basilica of St. Cosmas and Damiano.
Then, visit a local cheese factory, situated in one of the beautiful contradas of the Itria Valley, where you can see how to make the mozzarella and taste the typical homemade Apulian cheeses and other typical products. Finally, at the end of the cheese tasting, you'll return to Alberobello.
All these places are connected to each other by beautiful contradas and countryside roads, allowing you to discover unknown places. You'll ride surrounded by the scent of nature, among olive groves and dry-stone walls, admiring breathtaking landscapes.
This tour is developed along low traffic roads, countryside and natural cycle paths with slopes that can be easily faced by anyone. It's addressed to anyone (including families with children and babies and senior over 55), thanks to the use of e-bikes (adults/children model) and to the possibility to add a child's seat. These e-bikes can reach a maximum speed of 25 kilometers and hour, anything beyond that will cause them to work like normal bikes.
- Professional English or Italian-speaking tour guide
- Mozzarella show and cheese tasting
- Extra person costs
- The driver accident policy is not provided (please contact the provider if you want to purchase it)
- Child 6-17
- Infant 2-5
Via M.Viterbo, 14, 70011 Alberobello BA, Italy
Just near the bus parking area
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- No particular clothing recommendation.
- E-bikes don't need any particular skills or licenses.
- The tour is suitable for all, including seniors and families with children. Children between ages 6 and 9 should have a minimum height of 130 m and a good familiarity with the bike.
- The driver accident policy is not provided. If interested, this is available to purchase on spot at an extra cost.
- The service is covered by an adequate insurance policy for damages to third parties.
- E-bike technical features: light and easy to manipulate, 60 kilometers of battery autonomy, 5 speeds: up to 25 kilometers an hour, 7 speed Shimano gear and high-quality brakes.
3 May-25 October 2018
Thursdays, departure time at 4:00 pm
Live a unique experience to enjoy the real southern Italian home-stay. The tour begins visiting the ...
Enjoy a private walking tour led by an expert guide and discover one of the most representative citi...
Start your day with a visit to the local market in Noci with your experienced and local chef to pick...
Learn more about the authentic local culture through its gastronomy and experience our hands-on Apul...
Your day trip begins at 10.00 with the pick up from your accommodation or a meeting point easy for y...
The creation of the Pino Pascali Museum dates back to 1998, following an important endowment from th...