This gastronomic tour in Bari will allow you to explore and immerse yourself in the culture of Bari in a fun and different way. Accompanied by a local expert, you will taste typical dishes and discover the true essence of Bari Vecchia. Listen to anecdotes and curiosities about the rich gastronomic tradition and visit places only frequented by local people.
Here's a list of possible tastings:
- Focaccia Barese: a mixture of ground semolina, boiled potatoes, salt, yeast, and water makes the focaccia soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. Before baking it is covered with tomatoes and olives. Bari focaccia is an institution and can be found in every bakery in the city. You will taste it in the most famous one in one of the city's historic bakeries
- Sgagliozze: squares of polenta, fried by housewives all year round. A unique delicacy, to be enjoyed while walking through the streets of the historic center
- Popizze: round pancakes of leavened dough
- Panzerotto: you cannot leave Bari without having eaten the typical panzerotto. The classic one has a filling of mozzarella and tomato, but you can find many other original variations. You will taste the best panzerotti of the city, chosen by the people of Bari themselves
- Panino con polpo (octopus sandwich): a typical Apulian street food dish, it is an octopus grilled and seasoned with a drizzle of oil and a splash of lemon
- Ice cream: finish the tour with a fresh homemade ice cream, the best in town