The tour begins visiting the main attractions of the old town such as the Basilica of Saint Nicholas with its precious Crypt, the ancient Cathedral of Saint Sabinus and the millenary Swabian Castle. You will then go on to enjoy several tasting sessions in a panificio (bakery), to learn how focaccia Barese is made and taste a slice; in a salumeria (delicatessen), to find out about different kinds of cheeses and salami while drinking a glass of wine. You will also visit a local place to discover the fried street food's strong flavours in sgagliozze and panzerotti. Visit a gelateria (ice-cream shop) and enjoy the home-made ice cream choosing your favourite out of a great selection of flavours! Finally, the tour will end exploring the modern French part of the city along the famous sea-side, opera theatres and luxury shopping streets.
What to expect
Ask a question
Food & winery tours
Bari Street Food Walking Tour (min. 2 adults)
Availability: Every day
Duration: 3 hours
Language: English , Italian , French , Spanish , German , Portuguese , Russian , Japanese
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Explore Bari on this 3-hour walking tour and discover the most picturesque and hidden places with an expert local guide
- Meet food and wine producers and discover the southern Italian culinary culture
- Taste local delicacies and typical products along the route, as locals do: focaccia, salumi and cheese, panzerotti or sgagliozze, glass of wine and home-made ice cream
What to expect
- 3-hours walking tour
- Tasting of focaccia, salumi and cheese, glass of wine, panzerotti or sgagliozze and homemade ice-cream
- Multilingual local guide
- Free wifi and storage
What's not included
- Entrance fees to monuments and museums
- Children from 7 to 14 years old: half price
- Children under 6 years old: free
- Special discount for groups
Strada Vallisa 81, old town or Velostation in the Port of Bari (only cruise passengers).
What to remember
- Minimum 2 adults
- Every day morning departure - 11.30am
- Every day afternoon departure - 3.30pm
* All tours subject to time changes
* Please, inform us if you are a cruise passenger
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Unfortunately, we can't offer you a refund nor can we change or cancel your booking for this particular product, due to our partner's policy.
Sorry, it's sold out