- Explore Bari and see its municipal buildings that sparkle with a hint of northern grandiosity
- Visit the great Basilica di San Nicola, which still contains the bones of St Nicholas (aka Santa Claus!)
- Follow your guide to the Cathedral of San Sabino and stroll around the typical squares of the town, Piazza Mercantile and Piazza Ferrarese
Enjoy a private walking tour led by an expert guide and discover one of the most representative cities of the Puglia region, Bari. Although it's often skipped by tourists heading towards the more famous "pugliese" city called Lecce, Bari hides some authentic treasures and ancient traditions of the area.
During the tour, you will see some of the most important sites in town, both from an historic and a cultural point of view. Follow your guide and get to see the Castle of Bari, then stroll through Arco Basso street, where the housewaives still prepare the traditional home-made "orecchiette" (a very typical ear-shaped kind of pasta).
Reach the Cathedral of St Sabino and then continue your walk to the great Basilica of St Nicholas (aka Santa Claus - ask more info about this interesting story to your guide!) which still contains the bones of the saint.
You will then see the two most important squares in Bari, Piazza Mercantile and Piazza Ferrarese, with their typical restaurants and shops.
One final tip: you might want to take your camera with you!
- expert local guide
- food and drinks
- tickets to visit the interiors of churches or other sites (although most of them are free!)
Piazza Federico II di Svevia, 36, 70122 Bari BA, Italy
Meet your guide in front of the main entrance of the castle
- please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee (although most of the sites there are free to enter!)
- the tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain, the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
- this private tour runs every day at 9.00am, 10.00am, 11.00am, 12.00pm, 2.00pm, 3.00pm, 4.00pm and 5.00pm
Ostuni, a typical village in the province of Brindisi located on the foothills of the Murge plateau,...
Start your day with a visit to the local market in Noci with your experienced and local chef to pick...
Learn more about the authentic local culture through its gastronomy and experience our hands-on Apul...
Enjoy the land of trulli on e-bike and discover the perfumes, colors and history of this amazing pla...
Your day trip begins at 10.00 with the pick up from your accommodation or a meeting point easy for y...
The creation of the Pino Pascali Museum dates back to 1998, following an important endowment from th...