Private guided walking tour of Bayreuth
- Discover the world of Margravine Wilhelmine and of Richard Wagner
- See the margave opera house a UNESCO world heritage site
- Have a stroll to the new palace, the palace park (Hofgarten) and the Wahnfried house
- Get to know the long history of town with a local guide
Enjoy a private guided walking tour in the beautiful city of Bayreuth and explore with your guide the famous sights.
You will start the tour at the Wahnfried Museum. Wahnfried was the name given by Richard Wagner to his villa in Bayreuth. The name is a German compound of Wahn (delusion, madness) and Fried(e), (peace, freedom). Then you will continue to the Margravial Opera House which is a Baroque opera house built between 1744 and 1748. It is one of Europe's few surviving theatres of the period and has been extensively restored. In 2012 the opera house was inscribed in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Next you will see the Bayreuth Festival Theater, one of the largest opera venues in the world, dedicated solely to the performance of operas by the 19th-century German composer Richard Wagner. The last stop of your tour is at the Kunstmuseum Bayreuth which is a must-see for modern art lovers, opened in 1999. The historic rooms of the baroque former town hall present exhibitions with contemporary art and classical modern art.
- Private guided tour
- Local guide who will be with your group only
- Entrance fees
Richard-Wagner-Straße 48, 95444 Bayreuth, Germany
Meet your guide in front of Wahnfried Museum
- Please arrange the meeting point and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Private tour for groups of 1-25 people
- Every day
Visit romantic Heidelberg on this delightful morning tour from Frankfurt. Known as one of the most b...
Visit romantic Heidelberg on this delightful afternoon tour from Frankfurt. Known as one of the most...
Wir folgen den Spuren der Bremer Stadtmusikanten bei Mondschein vom Marktplatz zur Böttcherstraße. S...
Experience an informative walking tour of Bremen's Böttcherstraße. Now one of the most popular sight...
The former imperial city Kaiserswerth, today one of the most beautiful districts of Düsseldorf, is t...
Erleben Sie eine Bier-Tour der besonderen Art und steigen Sie hinab in die faszinierende Welt der hi...