Take a more in-depth look at the history of Belfast and Northern Ireland with this fascinating tour. You'll get a comprehensive overview of the period known as the Troubles and discover how Belfast became an industrial giant. Spend the day checking out some of the city's most iconic buildings and hear the tales of some of Belfast's most famous residents as you meander through the streets with your guide. You'll look at the sculptures and street art by internationally famous artists before heading to the west of the city after lunch. There you'll stroll up Shankhill and down Falls Road, hearing all about the political murals, modern street art and Re-Imaging Murals project. Then, it's time to pass through the Peace Gate and see the now famous peace wall that separates communities and the International Wall, where you can view many different aspects of life this controversial art portrays as you descend back into the city centre again. Your guide will be on hand to recommend lots of things to see and do during your stay in Belfast.
Eclectic Belfast and political murals combined tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 6 hours
Safety measures applied
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- See the best of Belfast with this fascinating tour
- Discover the history of Belfast and Northern Ireland with your guide
- Check out controversial political murals in the west of the city
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour
What's not included
Donegall Square N, Belfast BT1 5GS, United Kingdom
Please meet your guide outside the grounds of City Hall by the Main Gates.
What to remember
- This tour includes a 2-hour Eclectic Belfast tour, a 2-hour lunch and a 2-hour Political Mural walking tour
- There's a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 participants permitted per tour
- This tour is only suitable for adults (over the age of 19)
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
belfastology walking tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.