Hawaii whale watching
- Hop on board to explore the vast ocean
- Get up close and personal to the majestic whales
- Perfect to bring your family and friends along
Come along to see these beautiful mammals at their best on this exciting eco-friendly whale-watching excursions. Every December through April, thousands of Humpback whales migrate to the warm waters of Hawaii. Dolphins are likely to be seen, too. Morning-trip vessel Makai is is a fast and nimble open powerboat, with plenty of sea-spray likely on trips outside the bay or choose the afternoon trip on board the Sprit of Aloha catamaran for a slower more relaxed experience.
- Whale-watching excursion
- Children (4-11): reduced
- Infants (0-3): free
69-1081 Ku'uali'i Pl, Waimea, HI 96743, USA
Vessels depart from Anaehoomalu Bay at the Waikoloa Beach Resort. Please be at the check-in flag on the beach at 20 minutes before. You can park at the A-Bay Beach Park parking lot, and walk along the beach toward the middle. Look for the orange Hawaii Nautical check-in banner near the two prominent coconut trees. A representative will come to meet you there and lead you to the tender-boat transfer.
- Morning trip on Makai powerboat: Bring clothes that you dont mind getting wet. There is limited storage beneath each saddle-style seat for dry storage
- Afternoon trip on catamaran Spirit of Aloha: There are restrooms and shaded, covered and dry areas and also optional areas where you can enjoy sea spray and more wind. There is covered space to place belongings that will stay dry
- Note: boarding is a beach-loading process with transfer from a tender-boat and barefoot entry that takes a few steps into the seawater from the beach
- Soda, juice and water aboard for purchase
- Cancellation policy: 24-hour advance notice required for refund
- Times are subject to change, and trips are subject to cancellation, for weather, operational and maintenance reasons or with seasons
- If you don't see whales on a whale watch-specific trips, come back again one more time for free! Rerides only (on trips of equal or lesser value), no refunds
- Operates twice daily
- Morning: 9.45am-11.15am on open powerboat Makai
- Afternoon: 1.45pm-3.15pm on sailing catamaran
- Holiday closures: New Year’s Day partial, Thanksgiving evening, Christmas Day partial
See the stunning beauty of Hawaii’s Big Island on a full-day island adventure on board a comfortable...
Discover Kona’s underwater paradise! Accessible only by boat, join us in the crystal-clear water of ...
Step aboard and journey back in time, when ancient, powerful Kings ruled the rugged and fertile land...
The iconic Spirit of Aloha offers the ultimate in sailing comfort. Your adventure begins from the be...
The iconic Spirit of Aloha experience provides the ultimate in sailing comfort and snorkeling fun. C...
On your catamaran cruise, you will depart from Kawaihae Harbor and head along the rugged and scenic ...