San Juan de Gaztelugatxe guided tour from Bilbao
- Enjoy the natural enviroment
- Ascend to the top of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
- Discover the coast of Biscay
San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, whose name means 'rock castle' in Basque (gaztelu = castle + aitz = rock), is definitely a must during your stay in the Basque Country. It is an islet as small as impressive, located on the coast of Bizkaia, only 35km away from Bilbao. Don't miss the opportunity to visit this unique place!
Departing from Bilbao at 8.30am, you will arrive at the viewpoint and start the itinerary with about two hours of free time to go from the viewpoint to the 241 stairs and access if you wish to the hermitage located on the hill. Once up, do not forget to touch the bell of the chapel three times and make a wish!. Once back, you will continue the itinerary towards Bermeo, where you will make a walking tour through this beautiful fishing village. Finally, you will go to Gernika, to visit his House of Meetings. Arrival scheduled to Bilbao about 2.30pm.
- Hotel pick-up and transport
- Guide (English and Spanish)
- Infants (0-1 years): free
- Children (2-12 years): reduced price (must be accompanied by at least 2 adults)
Pick-up location at Bilbao city centre hotels at 8.30am
- During summer season maintenance work is carried out. On foot access opened
- It is required comfortable shoes. If you want to go to the stairs and ascend to the top please note it is steep
- Minimum 2 people
- Thursdays at 8.30am
Admire the beauty of San Sebastian on this walking tour of the Old Quarter, enjoying food from the t...
The famous Rioja Wine region is a must for wine lovers visiting Spain. Located in the south of the B...
See villages trapped in between mountains like the villages of Durango, Eibar and Elgoibar! Arrive a...
Departure from Bilbao at 08:30am. Via highway, you will reach the inland of Gipuzkoa until Ordizia. ...
Start the day going directly to Hernani. There you'll get a brief explanation about the life of Edua...
Buy tickets to watch the match between Athletic Bilbao and Real Madrid at San Mamés Stadium.CLICK HE...