Authentic Bulgaria full day tour
- Discover Bulgarian astonishing stone churches built in caves, such as Ivanovo Church,
- Visit impressive Veliko Tarnovo city, the medieval capital of the Second Bulgarian Kingdom
- Explore an impressive fortress with the ruins of the former Tsarevets Palace
- Admire the charming Arbanassi stone village
- Cross the famous Friendship Bridge.
You will start your trip stopping by famous Bulgarian churches, near to the Romanian border. The Ivanovo Churches, a group of monolithic churches, chapels, and monasteries hewn out of a solid rock, are UNESCO heritage since 1979 with their impressive XIII-XIV century fresco.
Next, you will continue your journey towards the heart of Bulgaria, where one of the most amazing cities of this country is located. Veliko Tarnovo is placed on the banks of Yantra River, also known as the City of Tsars, Veliko boasts an impressive fortress with the ruins of the former Tsarevets Palace and the patriarchal church, nowadays supplied with modern and intriguing paintings.
After Veliko Tarnovo, you will discover the famous stone village of Arbanassi. This is the only village in Bulgaria that keeps the old architecture style of Bulgarian medieval times. With the batteries fully charged you will go back to Bucharest. You arrive there around 20:00.
- Licensed English/German/Italian speaking guide
- Transport with car/ minivan with A.C.
- Guided tours at all sights included
- Private pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Bucharest
- All road and bridges fees
- Entrance fees
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
On your full-day tour from Bucharest to Northern Bulgaria you will drive two hours from Bucharest to...
Take a day trip to Constanta and Mamaia Beach Day Trip from BucharestThis tour starts daily early in...
Explore the main highlights of the "Vienna of the East" in a day tour to Ruse and Northern Bulgaria ...
Discover in half a day the history, culture and best sights of Bucharest You may be staying in Bucha...
Explore hundreds of years of history in this amazing two-hour tour of Bucharest.This amazing two-hou...
Get comfortable as you are transferred in style in a private vehicle with English-speaking driver fr...