Day Trip to Bulgaria from Bucharest
- Visit St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery, the only monastery in Bulgaria carved into a cliff
- Discover Veliko Tarnovo, the medieval capital of Bulgaria and Tsaravets Fortress
- See the medieval architecture in Arbanasi Village
Visit spectacular Veliko Tarnovo, the medieval capital of Bulgaria.
This astonishing one-day trip to Bulgaria will start in the early morning when you are transported through a stunning landscape into the foothills of the Balkan Mountains, where the adventure begins.
The tour’s first stop, St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery, the only Bulgarian example of such a structure carved into a cliff that is still inhabited today, and its atmosphere will fill you with wonder. You will have some free time to explore this beautiful religious monument before you continue to the remarkable medieval settlement of Veliko Tarnovo, which was once the medieval capital of Bulgaria.
Prepare to be transported back in time; this gorgeous city has panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and valley, as well as ample history for you to explore and absorb, and architecture that will take your breath away. Veliko Tarnovo is home to the magnificent Tsaravets Fortress, the strongest Bulgarian fortification from the Middle Ages.
Once you have explored Veliko Tarnovo and enjoyed lunch, the tour will continue to its final stop; Arbanasi Village. Nestled on a high plateau between the settlements of Veliko Tarnovo and Gorna Oryahovitsa, Arbanasi Village provides spectacular views and incredible examples of medieval architecture dating back several centuries.
This tour is truly one for the enthusiastic history buff, and anybody that appreciates beautiful buildings, stunning scenery, and the opportunity to discover a little more about Bulgaria. When visiting Romania don’t miss the amazing opportunity to also discover Bulgaria, another fantastic destination available on guided day trips from Bucharest!
- Pick-up or convenient meeting point for Bucharest selected centrally located hotels and hostels
- Professional tour guide
- Round-trip transportation
- Entrance ticket for Basarabov Monastery and Veliko Tarnovo Fortress (approx. 5 euro)
- Lunch and other personal expenses
- Seniors aged (65-99): reduced
- Students aged (8-25): reduced
- Childrens aged (4-7): reduced
Please confirm the pick-up place directly with the local operator 24 hours before departure.
- Please bring you passport on the trip, it will be mandatory to show your passport
- Maximum group size of 17 people
- Participants must be at least 4 years old
- A minimum of 2 participants is required for the tour to operate
- In the unlikely event that the minimum is not met the tour will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Note pick-up is only provided from Bucharest selected centrally located hotels
- The tour company is not responsible for any delays caused by traffic or any other unpredictable conditions
Tour in English:
- Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays at 8.00am
Tour in Spanish:
- Mondays at 8.00am
- Please be ready in the lobby of the hotel with 5 minutes before the established pick-up time
On your full-day tour from Bucharest to Northern Bulgaria you will drive two hours from Bucharest to...
Take a day trip to Constanta and Mamaia Beach Day Trip from BucharestThis tour starts daily early in...
Explore the main highlights of the "Vienna of the East" in a day tour to Ruse and Northern Bulgaria ...
Discover in half a day the history, culture and best sights of Bucharest You may be staying in Bucha...
Explore hundreds of years of history in this amazing two-hour tour of Bucharest.This amazing two-hou...
Get comfortable as you are transferred in style in a private vehicle with English-speaking driver fr...