- Discover Bulgaria on a guided tour from Bucharest
- Enjoy hotel pick-up and comfortable transportation
- See St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery and visit Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanasi Village
Start this astonishing day trip from Bucharest to Bulgaria in the early morning from your hotel in Bucharest. Travel through a stunning landscape into the foothills of the Balkan Mountains, where the adventure begins. The tour’s first stop, St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery, is the only Bulgarian example of such a structure carved into a cliff that is still inhabited today. Admire this religious monument before continuing to the remarkable medieval settlement of Veliko Tarnovo, which was once the medieval capital of Bulgaria.
Explore the medieval history of Veliko Tarnovo, enjoy the panoramic views and see amazing architecture. Visit the magnificent Tsaravets Fortress, the strongest Bulgarian fortification from the Middle Ages and enjoy lunch in the town before continuing to the final stop of the trip.
In Arbanasi Village you’ll experience spectacular views and incredible examples of medieval architecture dating back several centuries. When visiting Romania don’t miss the amazing opportunity to also discover Bulgaria, another fantastic destination not far from Bucharest!
- Entrance ticket for: Basarabov Monastery, Veliko Tarnovo Fortress
- Pickup and return for Bucharest downtown hotels and hostels
- Professional English or Spanish speaking guide
- Transportation by modern airconditioned car/minibus
- Photography and video fees
- Phone calls and other personal expenses
You will be picked up from your hotel. During booking please indicate the name and address of your hotel.
- Every day at 9.00am
The Bucharest city tour starts at your hotel where your travel guide will introduce you to the city’...
Romania is not all about castles and fortresses, but they are a big part of its history. Peles, one ...
Travel outside of Bucharest for a full-day tour exploring two castles beginning with a visit to Sina...
This Bucharest tour is like no other, as it gives visitors the chance to discover city streets along...
Your Bucharest sightseeing tour will start with pick-up service offered from your hotel. Spend the n...
On your full-day tour from Bucharest to Northern Bulgaria you will drive two hours from Bucharest to...