Day trip to Peles Castle and Sinaia Monastery
- Tour a castle straight from a fairytale book, Peles Castle
- Visit Sinaia Monastery - the oldest building in town
- Spend free time in Sinaia to enjoy the mesmerizing atmosphere of Carpathian mountains
This tour is the best way to explore Sinaia, known as the “Pearl of the Carpathians” for its picturesque mountain scenery and architectural treasures. The high point of the itinerary is a full guided tour of Peles Castle, a former summer residence of the Royal Family considered one of the most stunning castles in Europe. Choose this tour if you are up to spend a relaxing day surrounded by scenic Carpathian mountains.
Uncover a number one architectural gem of the country, Peles Castle. Built by the Romanian Royal family, the castle is a true embodiment of noble taste and intelligent engineering. It’s stunning turrets and great attention to detail, as well as unbelievable views over the mountains, gained the castle title “ Neo-Renaissance masterpiece”.
Your guide will explain the main points of Romanian history, focusing on the monarchy period, which formed modern Romania. You will find out about the royals’ achievements, routine, romantic stories and even gossips.
Next on your route is a visit to the Sinaia Monastery. The oldest part of it dates back to the 17th century, and one can still admire some of the original elements. After the guided tours, you will have a chance to stroll around the famous Sinaia mountain resort on your own. The resort is an all year round destination that urban habitats use as a hideaway from hustle and bustle. You will fall in love with its picturesque panoramas and luxurious villas that sprung up here and there after the Royal family established their summer residence in Sinaia. Don’t miss this unforgettable experience that will fill you up with inspiration for a long time!
- Entrance ticket to the Peles Castle and Sinaia Monastery (full tour)
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Pick-up\drop-off for Bucharest selected downtown hotels and hostels
- Transportation by modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Photo and Video Fees
- Additional costs
- Seniors aged (65-99): reduced
- Students aged (8-25): reduced
- Childrens aged (4-7): reduced
Please confirm the pick-up place directly with the local operator 24 hours before departure.
- Photo fee at the Peles Castle, costs 35 lei (approx. 8 EUR)/device
- Maximum group size of 15 people
- Participants must be at least 4 years old
- A minimum of 2 participants is required for the tour to operate
- In the unlikely event that the minimum is not met the tour will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Note pick-up is only provided from Bucharest selected centrally located hotels
- The tour company is not responsible for any delays caused by traffic or any other unpredictable conditions
Tour in English:
- Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays at 9.00am
Tour in Spanish:
- Fridays and Sundays at 9.00am
- Please be ready in the lobby of the hotel with 5 minutes before the established pick-up time
On your full-day tour from Bucharest to Northern Bulgaria you will drive two hours from Bucharest to...
Take a day trip to Constanta and Mamaia Beach Day Trip from BucharestThis tour starts daily early in...
Explore the main highlights of the "Vienna of the East" in a day tour to Ruse and Northern Bulgaria ...
Discover in half a day the history, culture and best sights of Bucharest You may be staying in Bucha...
Explore hundreds of years of history in this amazing two-hour tour of Bucharest.This amazing two-hou...
Get comfortable as you are transferred in style in a private vehicle with English-speaking driver fr...