Salt Mine day trip from Bucharest
- Travel 208m under the ground to explore the unique Slanic Prahova Salt Mine
- Enjoy the purity of the air famous for its healing effects
- Visit the Salt Museum
Explore the largest salt mine in Europe in an 8-hour day trip. Dont miss the chance to discover two extraordinary places in Europe: Slanic Prahova Salt Mine and The Salt Museum.
Slanic Prahova is an all-season spa resort, famous for its curative mineral waters, but its main attraction is the spectacular Salt Mine, one of the biggest in Europe and famous for its healing effects. The temperature is constant all year round at 12 degrees C, humidity at 50%, the air composition is rich in sodium ions, at atmospheric pressure of 18-20 mm Mercury column, higher than that on the surface of the ground; the lack of allergenic agents creates a special micro-climate representing a natural means for treating respiratory affections. The height of the salt mine hall is of 70 meters and the circuit runs around the enormous pillar supporting the mine. There can be admired the basso-rilievo works depicting some of the most important figures in Romanian history.
One can meditate here just like in an enormous cathedral. Inside the Salt Mine, the atmosphere is amazing, you can find a small history museum, a soccer field, and a children's playground. The place is also used for various sports events (athletic competitions and as a training ground for sports teams), a sanatorium for the elderly and the sick or as a scenery for the film industry.
After visiting the Salt Mine, the tour continues to the Salt Museum, where you can find out about the history of salt exploitation and it's biological importance.
- Entrance tickets for the Slanic Salt Mine and the Salt Museum
- Pick-up and drop-off from Bucharest Downtown Hotels and Hostels
- Professional tour guide
- Round-trip transportation
- Lunch expenses
- Children aged (4-7): reduced
- Student aged (8-25): reduced
- Senior aged (65-99): reduced
Please confirm the pick-up place directly with the local operator 24 hours before departure.
- In the Salt Mine is a constant temperature of 12 degrees you will need to bring warm clothes
- Participants must be at least 4 years old
- A minimum of 2 participants is required for the tour to operate
- In the unlikely event that the minimum is not met the tour will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund
- Maximum group size of 15 people
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Note pick-up is provided from Bucharest selected centrally located hotels
- Pick-up/meeting point may differ from the departure one
- Wednesdays and Thursdays at 8.30am
- Please be ready in the lobby of the hotel with 5 minutes before the established pick-up time
Travel outside of Bucharest for a full-day tour exploring two castles beginning with a visit to Sina...
Bucharest is definitely a fascinating city for anyone crossing its borders. But there is more to see...
Explore hundreds of years of history in this amazing two-hour tour of Bucharest.This amazing two-hou...
Get comfortable as you are transferred in style in a private vehicle with English-speaking driver fr...
On this interactive discovery experience across Bucharest, you will solve riddles via a web app in y...
Play a city game in Bucharest where you will follow clues to discover amazing places and local stori...