Budapest all-in-one walking tour
- Get an overview of Hungarian history and culture on this small group walking tour
- Visit Heroes' Square and City Park and have a peek into a bathhouse
- Enjoy a soft drink and two homemade Hungarian pastries on a break
- See some of the most famous sights of Budapest, such as the Fisherman’s Bastion, Heroes’ Square and many others
Your walking tour begins at the Opera House from where you’ll take a short ride on the Millennium metro out to the Heroes' Square and City Park. There you’ll have a great introduction to the rich Hungarian history and culture through the chronological line of kings. Then you’ll walk through the city park to visit the Vajdahunyad Castle (outside only), a complex built in 1896 displaying typical architecture found throughout Hungary.
Next, you’ll stop at Széchenyi bath house (with a peek inside when open) to learn about the amazing bath culture this country has to offer. Afterwards, you will take the Millennium metro back towards the city center and stop at the end of Andrassy Blvd. where you’ll hear about the significance the street brought to culture and nobility.
After the city park visit you’ll head over to the St. Stephen’s Basilica (outside only) before taking a break in a café for a taste of Hungary’s famous pastry called “retes” which is a traditional type of strudel. Here guests will each get two homemade pastries and a coffee or soft drink (included in the tour). After the refreshment break, you’ll head down to the riverside to see the famous blue Danube. Take in the spectacular view of Gellert Hill and the Citadel, Buda Hills and the Royal Palace as you cross the river via Budapest’s Chain Bridge.
For the final leg of the tour, you climb the steps up into the Buda Castle District and then wander through the old cobblestone streets and alleys to the finishing point in front of the Matthias church and Fisherman’s Bastion. At the end of the tour, the guide will help with ideas, directions and more!
This walking tour does not have more than 15 participants, making it interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions and get to know your guide plus get some useful tips from a local.
- English speaking guide
- Coffee or soft drink with 2 homemade pastries
- Public transport tickets during the tour
- Many stops for photos and questions
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Food and beverages except where noted
- Transport to the meeting point
- Students ages 13-26: reduced rate with a valid student ID
- Children ages 3-12: reduced rate
- Infants ages 0-2: free
Budapest, Lázár u. 16, 1065 Hungary
Meet your guide in the Absolute Tour Center. 1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16. (Just behind the Opera House).
- Participants will need to be fit for light continuous walking, for up to 3 hours
- Tour operates in all weather conditions so please dress appropriately
- Supplier not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents
- Operator reserves the right to alter and change tour programs without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year
- Tour operates daily at 10.00am
- Tour does not run: 25-26 and 31 December and 1 January
Pamper yourself at Budapest’s legendary Széchenyi Spa. Marvelous indoor and outdoor pools in the hea...
Get a historical overview of the Buda Castle district, with a private walk through the small cobbles...
Explore Budapest and its cuisine with a native and local guide. The walking tour starts by visiting ...
Visit the illuminated ‘Paris of the East’ and spend a memorable evening in a traditional Hungarian r...
Take two hours to explore the Buda side of Budapest! Walk around the Castle District with the direct...
“Paris of the East” is one of the most famous sentences used when describing Budapest at night. The ...
Enjoy a 60-minute sightseeing cruise of Budapest, with unlimited use for 24 hours. The program inclu...
Exploring Budapest through its food and drinks is the best way to do it! This food, wine, and cultur...
On this two hour TukTuk tour you will see the best of Budapest. Starting in the heart of the city yo...
On this tour you'll have the chance to walk through the center of Pest on the east bank of the Danub...