- Get unlimited access to the public transport of Budapest
- Get free entry to the city's top museums and art galleries
- Enjoy free guided city tours
- Take advantage of 10-50% discounts in more than 100 places all over the city
The Budapest Card is the official city pass, which grants its holders free public transport and discounted or free access to more than 100 tourist attractions and services all over the city, including the best Budapest museums, spas, cafes, restaurants and even hammams. With everything taken care of, all you have to do is have fun discovering Budapest!
HOW IT WORKS
You can book your card online and go to one of the pick-up points once you’ve reached the city. The Budapest card is activated from the first day of use (not from the date of purchase) and it will remain valid for the length of time specified by the kind of card: 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours or 96 hours.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Free public transport
With the Budapest card you get unlimited public transport, including metro, trams, busses, trolleybusses, scheduled boats and suburban railway. It is also valid on bus 200E between the city and the airport terminals. Free public transport is available during the validity of the card: 24, 48, 72 or 96 hours.
Free museums entrance
Skip the queues and get free admission to the city’s most visited museums: Budapest History Museum, Kiscelli Museum, Aquincum Museum,, Vasarely Museum, Hungarian National Gallery and Hungarian National Museum. Each card holder can enter once to each museum for free of charge to the permanent exhibitions and get a 10% off for the temporary ones.
Budapest Card provides two free walking sightseeing tours with an English-speaking guide: a tour on Buda side, which starts at 2:00 PM at the Trinity Statue and a tour on Pest side starting at 10:30 AM at Deák Ferenc Square. The tours are held every day and last for approximately 2-2,5 hours.
Cardholders enjoy discounts ranging from 10-50% on over 100 different services: thermal baths, including a single free entrance to the famous St Lukács Bath, as well as museums, sights, events, sightseeing tours and restaurants. You also get the Budapest Card brochure in 6 languages, which includes a detailed description of discounted services which are available with the card.
Vouchers that expire on December 31st, can be used till March 31st of the following year.
- Free unlimited use of the public transport system
- Free or discounted entry to 60 museums
- Free sightseeing tours
- Discounts on nearly100 different services (thermal baths, museums, sights, events, sightseeing tours and restaurants).
- Free Budapest Card brochure
- Free download of Pocket Guide app
- You can pick up your Budapest Card at one of the following locations:
- Budapestinfo Point Liszt Ferenc International Airport Terminal 2A
- Budapestinfo Point Liszt Ferenc International Airport Terminal 2B
- Budapestinfo Point Sütő Street: Budapest District 5 Sütő u. 2. (M1, M2, M3 Deák Square metro station)
- The Budapest card is activated from the first day of use (not from the date of purchase) and it remains valid for the length of time specified by the kind of card: 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours or 96 hours
Take two hours to explore the Buda side of Budapest! Walk around the Castle District with the direct...
At night Budapest has a completely different touch, turning into a romantic, warmly illuminated town...
Enjoy fast track access to Europe’s largest thermal bath Széchenyi. The complex includes 3 outdoor a...
Enjoy an unforgettable day cruise while discovering Budapest in a relaxing and convenient way! You a...
Cruise the River Danube in central Budapest and taste 7 different Hungarian wines as the city’s sigh...
Visit the illuminated ‘Paris of the East’ and spend a memorable evening in a traditional Hungarian r...
See many of the famous attractions in Budapest on a comfortable river cruise, sipping a tasty glass ...
Dive into the nightlife of Budapest in a fascinating way, on board of a river cruise by night that t...
Discover Budapest on two wheels and spend a relaxing day touring both parts of the Danube. Cycle in ...
Spend an unforgettable day in the Puszta!At an hour's drive from Budapest, this tour will stop in th...