Budapest sightseeing tour by bike
- See the beautiful sights of Budapest on a bike tour
- Learn about Hungarian history and culture from your experienced guide
- See the Chain Bridge and enjoy a view over Buda Castle
Budapest’s original and most renowned biking tour is an innovative, entertaining, easy and relaxing way to see most of the city’s sights in a more intimate way through the grand roads and bike pathways. An excellent way to first get orientated with the city and its history before heading out on your own to explore.
The tour begins on Andrassy Boulevard. After that you’ll see the Opera house and then ride up to the Heroes’ Square and City Park along the tree lane boulevard. There you’ll learn about the Hungarian history and culture before biking through the park to the Vajdahunyad Castle complex and Szechenyi bath house (peek inside if open). Next you’ll ride back to the city centre down to the St. Stephen’s Basilica named after the first Hungarian king.
After seeing the beautiful church and the square, ride to the Liberty square for a look at the last Soviet remembrance, and then continue on to the Parliament. From the riverbank you can enjoy the beautiful panorama over the UNESCO World Heritage Castle District: Matthias Church, Royal Palace and the Fisherman’s Bastion where your guide will explain in detail about the sights.
After that, you will be crossing the Margit Bridge over to the Buda side. Here you’ll ride along the banks of the Danube taking in the Chain Bridge, Clark Adam Square, Elizabeth Bridge, Rudas baths and the famous Gellert hotel and baths before crossing the Liberty Bridge back over to the Pest side. You will see also the Grand Market Hall, and pass by the National Museum and the Great Synagogue before turning back to Andrassy Boulevard and finishing the tour.
This bike tour is small and generally does not have more than 15 participants, making it interactive and personal and giving you plenty of chances to ask questions.
- English speaking guide
- Bike hire and optional helmet
- Stop for photos and questions
- Stop for coffee/beverage and pastry
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Food and beverages except where noted
- Transport to the meeting point
- Children ages: 3-12 reduced price
- Infants ages 0-2: free
- Students ages 13-26: reduced price with a valid student ID
Meet your tour guide in Absolute Tour Centre,1065 Budapest, Lázár utca 16. Behind the Opera House.
- Participants will need to be fit for continuous biking for up to 4 hours
- Participants must know how to ride a bike
- Tour goes in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Refunds/exchanges are not given due to adverse weather
- Tour operator is not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents
- Anyone suspected of being under the influence of alcohol will not be permitted to ride and will lose their right to do the tour, without refund
- Tour provider reserves the right to alter and change tour program without prior notice due to construction, city closures for events, festivals and so on throughout the year
- 1 March - 31 March on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday at 11.00am
- 1 April - 31 October daily at 11.00am
- 1 November - 30 November on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday at 11.00am
- Duration: 3.5-4 hours
Découvrez tous les sites les plus importants de Budapest avec votre guide lors d'un tour de ville de...
Étant la ville avec la plus grande communauté juive active d'Europe centrale, Budapest a beaucoup à ...
"Paris de l'Est" est l'une des phrases les plus célèbres utilisées pour décrire Budapest la nuit. Le...
Explorez Budapest et sa cuisine avec un guide local et autochtone. La visite à pied commence par la ...
Profitez d'une visite différente dans votre ville préférée! Vous aurez l'occasion de visiter l'île M...
Admirez au plus près l'emblème de Budapest avant de vous embarquer sur une croisière à bord de laque...