No visit of Budapest can be complete without visiting the historical core, the former de facto capital and royal seat, a present romantic refuge and a beloved area for locals. Walk through the Buda Castle so you can get to know the stories behind it and visit the best sights of the area.
You will be shown the real Budapest from a historical perspective and you will be given a cultural background to the everyday lives of people: the good, the bad - and if you want to hear it - the ugly. Get ready for an honest, in-depth experience of Budapest where all questions are welcome!
Step back in time and take a stroll in the historical core of Buda with a historian. You will walk through the winding alleys, experience breathtaking views from the ramparts. Be ready for fascinating historical stories of Buda Castle from the Middle Ages to World War II. Hungarian history will come alive in front of you in the presentation of history buffs.
You will explore the Buda Castle District:
- Visiting Matthias Church, arguably the most beautiful church in Budapest.
- You will visit the off-the-beaten-path part of the Castle District.
- Alexander Palace, the Hungarian Presidential Palace.
- Panoramic views of the Parliament & the Pest side.
- Fisherman's Bastion, the most romantic place in town.
- The Royal Palace and the Savoy terrace.
- Getting to know the history of Budapest and Hungary.