On this tour you will admire beautiful scenery combined with historical sites such as the castle of Good Hope built by the Dutch, Cape Town city hall and the Grand Parade, where Nelson Mandela first addressed the nation as a free man after 27 years in jail. You will also see Church square, where slaves would wait for their owners under the slave tree and Slave Lodge, devoted to the history and experience of slaves and their descendants in the Cape. Stroll around a crafts and souvenir market called Greenmarket square, surrounded by the Old Town House and art-deco architecture. Enjoy St George’s Cathedral, known as the people’s cathedral for its role against Apartheid, the Bo-Kaap with its colourful houses and narrow cobbled streets. See the Western Cape High Court and the Company’s Gardens. You will also pass by the South African Museum, the South African National Gallery, the old Synagogue, the Houses of Parliament, St Mary’s Cathedral and the District Six Museum where the walk ends.
Cape Town city center walking experience
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 7 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Enjoy beautiful scenery combined with historical sites
- You'll become so familiar with the city that it'll start to feel like home
- First time? Perfect chance to get to the know the area like a pro
- Let the atmosphere of the city surround you as your guide takes you through the streets
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided walking tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's not included
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Tips (optional)
Please provide your pick-up location at check-out.
What to remember
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and sunscreen
- Subject to favourable weather conditions
- No children under 2 years allowed
- There is a minimum of 2 adult tickets
ATC African Travel Concept
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.