Cappadocia wine and sunset tour
- Take a hiking tour of the famous Red Valley
- Enjoy a guided excursion and wine tasting at a top vineyard
- Explore the famous fairy chimneys and other unique rock formations
- Watch the sunset over the valley while sipping local wine
Let this special wine and sunset tour of Cappadocia bring the true meaning of relaxation to life! Let yourself enjoy the sunset with a glass of local wine as you learn about the art of fine wine-making. Visit a famous vineyard and do some sightseeing around the world-famous local rock formations.
After a pick up from your hotel, your driver will take you outside of the city to one of the most famous local wineries in Cappadocia to learn about Turkey’s 4,000 year old wine production industry. You can also expect several wine samples to be served there, so you will be able to learn to taste the differences between the wines. Here you are welcome to pick up a bottle of wine to enjoy later with the sunset.
Then, head for a one hour hike over both the Rose and Red Valleys. Pass by byzantine rock tombs, cave churches, and the many unique rock formations dotted around the valley floors. Return to Kizilcukur as the sun begins to hang heavy in the sky, and pop your wine to share while watching the dramatic sunset. Enjoy a Turkish snack, and take your time to soak up the spectacular beauty of one of the best sunsets in the world. After the sun sets, you will head back to your accommodation, leaving the valley behind, though the memory of the beauty you’ve seen and enjoyed will certainly never leave you!
- Wine and sunset tour as per description
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Visit to a winery and 3-4 local wine samples
- Wine at the sunset venue
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities for your local guide
- Children 5 years of age and under: free
- Children 6 to 11 years of age: reduced
Pick up and drop off at centrally hotels located in Cappadocia
- Please be aware that the standard of dress through out Turkey is conservative. To respect this and for your own comfort, please wear modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees for both women and men.
- Following recent safety incidents, we recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on traveling in Turkey before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page.
- Please note that the pickup time varies from 3.00pm to 5.00pm depending on the sunset
- You will be instructed to contact your tour company the day before the tour to confirm the exact pick-up time
Discover Istanbul and its fascinating ottoman relics with this half-day afternoon tour. The tour wil...
Lunar-like landscapes, cave churches, and fairy chimneys – nowhere on Earth will you ever find such ...
Try Turkish life with a family meal and an evening mingling with locals at some of their favorite pl...
Get the most out of Istanbul in the company of an expert local guide. As you tour Istanbul, your gui...
This will not only be a culinary walk but also a stroll through the city’s Asian side to discover it...
Enjoy a half day, afternoon tour to visit Dolmabahce Palace, the royal residence of the Ottoman Sult...