Private Capri day trip from Rome
- Panoramic 3 hours drive along the Tyrrhenian coast to the port of Naples
- Hop on the fast Hydrofoil and travel for 45 minutes to Capri
- Explore one of the most romantic, picturesque and lavish islands in the world
The picturesque island of Capri has been a favorite retreat since Roman times, when the Emperor Augustus lavished and decorated it with aqueducts, villas and pleasure gardens. His successor Tiberius loved Capri so much, he decided to leave Rome and move there in the beautiful Villa Jovis for the last decade of his life; This villa is nowadays considered the best preserved Roman villa in Italy. In more recent centuries, the island has inspired countless artists and writers enchanted with it’s lush and dramatic natural beauty.
A professional driver will pick you up from your accommodation, accompanied by a private English-speaking tour escort that will eventually guide you through the main highlights of Capri, and drive you South to the port of Naples. This 3-hour drive from Rome to Naples, will highlight the beauty of the Italian countryside in the region of Castelli Romani, with charming landscapes and fascinating medieval villages and towns.
Once in the port, you will catch a fast hydrofoil that will take you to the island of Capri in 45 minutes. At that point, you will have the option to take a short boat ride to the world-famous Blue Grotto: a unique cave, accessible only by boat, where sunlight reflected by the crystal clear waters illuminates the interior creating an ethereal blue light effect.
Whether you decide to experience the Blue Grotto or not, you will take a short bus drive to Anacapri, the other town located on the highest point of the island. It’s approximately 280 meters above sea level, and there you will enjoy the stunning view of the bay of Naples that alone makes this day-trip to Capri worthwhile. Once you drive back to the lively town center, the tour escort will show you the most authentic parts of Capri and its diverse history. Treat yourself to the local crafts and traditional products. Indulge in a free tasting of limoncello liqueur made only with native lemon varieties, you can even sample the heady scents of the Carthusia Perfumery, Capri’s oldest with origins in the 14th century.
After exploring the main sights, you will also have a break for lunch, at your own expense, with suggestions from your guide, as well as time to do some sightseeing on your own so that no desire is left unfulfilled.
Highlights of Capri include: the very glamorous Piazzetta, the enchanting Augustus Gardens, a chairlift to Monte Solaro the most panoramic point on the island and of course the Blue Grotto.
After the tour ends, you will take the hydrofoil back to the port of Naples, where you will meet your private driver and drive back to Rome after this unforgettable day-trip experience!
- Tickets for Hydrofoil
- Local transfers by public minivan
- Private English speaking tour escort at your disposal
- Private English speaking driver with luxury transportation at your disposal
- Complimentary bottles of water
- Optional gratuities
- Lunch or snacks
- Tickets for chairlift to Monte Solaro
- Local transportation by Taxi
- Entrance tickets to Blue Grotto
The tour is free of charge for children under the age of 6
At check-out, before your purchase is confirmed, you will be kindly asked to leave the written address of your accommodation or potential meeting point. This implies the name of the hotel, bed & breakfast or residence in which you will be staying as long as it is situated within the city center. Such requirements are necessary for pick-up and private services only
- The tour guide and driver will meet you at the start time and location you have indicated and will wait for a maximum of 30 minutes. Missed tours cannot be refunded
- Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended since this tour involves a fair amount of walking
- This tour is not wheelchair-accessible
- The tour operator is not responsible for last minute, unpredictable closures, strikes or union meetings. Nevertheless, the tour operator will be happy to offer customers an extended tour for the remaining time
Pick-up at 7.00am
A holiday in Capri is incomplete without visiting the amazing Amalfi Coast! This tour, aboard a comf...
Your two hour adventure aboard a typical Sorrento boat will sail all along the coast of Capri island...
Explore the beautiful island of Capri on a relaxing full-day tour. Visit the Piazza Umberto and the ...
Spend an enchanting day discovering the beautiful island of Capri on this private 6-hour boat excurs...
Escape the hustle and bustle of Capri and spend a leisurely day experiencing the natural beauty of C...
Sei a Capri e hai solo una giornata a disposizione per esplorare l'isola? Salta a bordo di uno dei n...