1893 World's Fair tour with bars
- Great combination of local food and drink
- See the incredible architecture of the city
- Learn the fascinating history of turn-of-the-century Chicago
- Have fun with visual scavenger hunts and clue-based games
On this unique walking tour, the food and beer connect with stories of the 1893 World’s Fair. With just intermittent walks outside, the 1893 World’s Fair tour makes for a great walking tour all year round. Explore hidden and little-known buildings from the time of the World’s Fair. While many people think that you have to go south of downtown to understand the history of the World’s Fair, its impact on the architecture and landscape of downtown Chicago is still visible today.
1893 World’s Fair Walking Tour highlights:
- Colorful mosaics in a hotel built for the 1893 World’s Fair
- The sweeping grand lobby of the Auditorium Building
- Ride one of the last elevators downtown with a human operator
- Delicious German food at the Berghoff Restaurant
- A secret alley building
- The opulent Chicago Athletic Association Hotel, once an exclusive men’s club
- Professional tour guide commentary
- Shared iPads with historic photos
- Beer tasting of three samples (or glass of wine if you prefer)
- Tastings that can comprise a light meal
- Game prizes and gifts
- Drinks: at our meeting spot, you are welcome to get a drink at the bar before check-in. For your third possible drink stop, you may independently purchase a beer, wine, or cocktail of their choice.
- Tour guide gratuity or giving program donation
Please meet in the lobby of the Congress Plaza Hotel.
- Wednesday: 5.45pm
- Friday: 1.00pm
- Saturday: 4.30pm
You'll get the best view and experience the greatest perspective on Chicago with this admission tick...
This summertime Segway tour of Chicago starts with a boom, and ends with a colorful bang! You'll rid...
On this tour, go on a historic Chicago pub crawl with an educational twist! Explore Chicago’s entert...
Classic Ticket 1-day hop-on hop-off bus tour FREE Voucher Book FREE Drawstring Backpack (May 4th–Sep...
This three-hour Segway tour is extremely popular among those new to the city and Chicago veterans al...
The Chicago evening Segway tour is the perfect way to see the Windy City as the sun starts to set. T...