Architecture cruise on the Chicago River from Navy Pier
- Enjoy panoramic skyline views from along the Chicago River
- Observe Chicago's world-famous architectural styles
This picturesque cruise is led by a professional guide who shares exciting details and historical significance of the buildings that line the Chicago River. Departing from historic Navy Pier, you’ll sail down all three branches of the Chicago River--the main branch, north branch and south branch.
While on the main branch, you’ll marvel at the works of Bertrand Goldberg and Jeanne Gang. Afterwards, reach the north branch and witness the vast contrast in how architecture on the Chicago River has changed over time. Enjoy amazing photo opportunities at Wolf Point, and then sail down the south branch where you’ll see Chicago’s iconic Willis Tower. You'll even hear the dramatic story of how Chicago rose from the ashes of the Great Fire of 1871.
Buildings along the tour:
- 35 East Wacker
- 222 North LaSalle
- 225 West Wacker
- 311 South Wacker
- 333 North Michigan
- 333 West Wacker
- 401 North Michigan
- Aon Center
- Apple Store
- Boeing World Headquarters
- Central US Post Office
- Chicago Board of Trade
- Cityfront Center
- Civic Opera Building
- East Bank Club
- Fulton House
- IBM Building
- Jewelers Building
- John Hancock Center
- Lake Point Tower
- LaSalle-Wacker Building
- Leo Burnett Building
- London Guarantee Building
- Marina City
- Merchandise Mart
- Montgomery Ward Complex
- Navy Pier
- NBC Tower Chicago
- Plaza Citicorp Center
- Prudential Plaza
- RR Donnelley Center
- River City
- River Cottages
- Tribune Tower
- Trump Tower
- USG Building Riverside
- Willis Tower (Sears Tower)
- Wolf Point
- Wrigley Building
- Professional narration of tour highlights
- Food and drinks (available on most tours)
- Infants (2 and under): free
- Children ages 3-12: reduced
Navy Pier – 600 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
- The tour will depart from Polk Bros Park at the entrance of Navy Pier
- Please note this tour departs from Navy Pier
- Tours last 75 minutes, except for the months of March and November, where tours run 60 minutes
- Please note that upper decks are open-top
- Restrooms are located on the boat's lower deck, and can only be reached by stairs
- Leashed dogs are welcome on the tour
- Daily from March until November
You'll get the best view and experience the greatest perspective on Chicago with this admission tick...
Go on a historic Chicago pub crawl with an educational twist! Explore Chicago’s entertainment histor...
The Chicago evening Segway tour is the perfect way to see the Windy City as the sun starts to set. T...
Satisfy every craving on this slow-paced and delicious food walking tour around Chicago's most belov...
Chicago has dominated the comedy scene for over a century, often nicknamed the Comedy Capital of Ame...
Deck the halls with Christmas cheer on this holiday-themed food walking tour around Chicago! Begin y...