Come enjoy the luxury and opulence of the Magnificent Mile and Gold Coast on a River North Food Tour, a tour through the historically affluent River North neighborhood. This 3-hour walking tour offers a look into the history and culture of the neighborhood in between each of your 5 food tastings.
Stops (subject to change):
- The Doughnut Vault (est. 2011): Food & Wine Magazine named it the best doughnut in America in 2012
- Lou Malnati's (est. 1971): Rudy Malnati is generally considered to be the inventor of Chicago deep-dish pizza
- Xoco (est. 2009): Top Chef Masters winner Rick Bayless is one of the best know chefs for Mexican cuisine in America
- Iberico (est. 1992): Serving you the most authentic tapas and regional specialties from all across Spain
- Al's Beef (est. 1938): Founder Al Ferrari invented the sandwich in Chicago's Little Italy back in 1938
- Fabcakes Bakery (est. 2012): Delicious pastries inspired by the seasons
Your informative guide will point out examples of historic architecture and beautiful public spaces that help make the River North neighborhood one of Chicago's most notable. Whether you are a native Chicagoan or a visitor in town for just a few days, you're sure to delight in a River North Food Tour!