History of the Cathedral-Mosque of Cordoba: guided tour
- Explore one of the best examples of Islamic art in Spain
- Learn how a cathedral was built inside the mosque after the Christian Conquest
- Admire the Baroque altarpiece and the mahogany stalls
- Discover one of the most important Spanish monuments
Enjoy a walking tour of the Cathedral and former great Mosque of Cordoba, a declared World Heritage Site. Its construction started in 786 and had several extensions during the Emirate and the Caliphate of Cordoba. After the Reconquest, in 1238, it became a Catholic Cathedral and today is one of the most important monuments in Spanish and particularly Andalusian architecture.
- Local guide in Spanish, English and French, one guide for each language
- Cathedral-Mosque entrance fee
- Audio Receivers to listen the guide inside the Cathedral-Mosque
- Food and drinks
- Other personal expenses
- Children under 10 years old: free
Mezquita-catedral de Córdoba, 14003 Córdoba, Spain
Córdoba Cathedral (olive tree next to the central fountain in Patio de los Naranjos). Please arrive 5 minutes before the departure time
- This is a walking tour conducted by a local qualified guide of the Cathedral-Mosque of Cordoba - the meeting point is in Patio de los Naranjos but you will visit all the monument inside.
- From Mondays to Saturdays at 1.15pm
- Not available on Sundays and Religious festivities as 1 January, 6 January, Holy Tuesday (27 March 2018), 25 July, 15 August, 12 October, 1rst November, 8 December and 25 December
- Available on Holy Thursday and Good Friday even if these two days are religious festivities
The guided tour on the Jewish Quarter in Cordoba is, without a doubt, an exciting historic visit tha...
Don't miss the opportunity to discover Cordoba's most iconic monument, the Cathedral-Mosque, classif...
Let yourself be guided by historians and archaeologists to discover one of the finest gems in Cordob...
Be awed by the spectacular beauty of the Mosque-Cathedral of Córdoba on a 1-hour guided tour of one ...
Join this tour with an expert historian and foodie guide for an exciting adventure through Cordoba's...
Your tour will begin at the meeting point in Tendillas Square, where your personal guide will introd...