1-week guided bike tour of Burgundy wine region
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- First time? Perfect chance to get to the know the area like a pro
- Push your senses to the limits - sample wines and learn to describe them
Spend a week cycling with your guide in France, Burgundy! In the wine region dedicated to your sense of well-being and peace of mind. You are sure to be in the perfect place to stay and be charmed by the authenticity of the Burgundy vineyards. From Dijon you will head off to explore the 2 renowned wine production areas: Cote de Beaune and Cote de Nuits. Following the vineyard Grand Crus route you will discover charming wine making villages: Gevrey Chambertin, Vougeot, Pommard, Meursault, … We will show you some of the wine secrets and the delightful moments it creates.
Sunday | DAY 1
Arrival in Dijon
Your hotel is situated in the heart of the city. Check in and presentation of the tour, delivery of the bicycles. Dijon is a vibrant, walkable city with a wealth of great shops, restaurants and bars and a really welcoming vibe to it. There are many museums, churches and traditional buildings to discover including the Palais des Ducs and the church of Notre Dame.
Monday | DAY 2
Loop ride around Dijon ~40km
Breakfast and meeting with your guide. Riding today will take you out into the countryside around Dijon. Peaceful environment and sites including the Burgundy canal. Return to Dijon. Dinner at the restaurant in the town and overnight at the same hotel.
Tuesday | DAY 3
Dijon – Cote de Nuits vineyards – Beaune ~ 40-50km
Meeting with your guide after breakfast. Leaving Dijon behind, you navigate out of the city and cycle into the countryside where the Route de Grands Crus begins. Arrive into the region of Gevrey Chambertin, the largest appellation in Côte de Nuits, Pinot Noir country, and where you find some of France’s most famous wines including Vosne-Romanée, Fixin, Chambertin- clos-de-Bèze, Flagey-Echézeaux, Vougeot, Richebourg. Cycle on through the wine regions of Morey Saint Denis, Chambolle-Musigny and Vougeot with vineyards all along the way on either side of you offering breathtaking scenery and crisp, fresh air! You continue through the highlands further on to Beaune. Overnight stay at 3* hotel centrally situated.
Wednesday | DAY 4
Loop ride south from Beaune - Cote de Beaune vineyards ~40-50km
Today’s ride will take you through the famous vineyards of Pommard, Volnay... the kingdom of Burgundy Red wines. The ride is nice and flat all day long, and then curves back in towards the famous vineyards of Meursault and Puligny-Montrachet, charming villages which make the best white Chardonnay wines in the world. Back to Beaune in the afternoon. Overnight stay in the same hotel. A gourmet dinner included tonight.
Thursday | DAY 5
Beaune to Chalon sur Saône – Cote Chalonnaise vineyards ~40-50km
Meeting with your guide after breakfast and departure for another bike ride. You definitely enter another vineyard region today, by visiting the spectacular vineyards of Cote Chalonnaise.... and leisurely stroll on the towpath of the Canal du Centre from Santenay to Chalon sur Saone. Dinner included tonight. Overnight stay in a 3* hotel.
Friday | DAY 6
Departure after breakfast
- 5 B&B overnights: room and breakfast in 3* hotels
- Welcome briefing meeting on the day of arrival
- 4 lunches (drinks excluded)
- 3 dinners (drinks excluded)
- 3 visits and wine tastings at local wine estates
- Escort bike guide during 4 days
- Bike assistance & mechanic
- 4 day route support van
- 4 Day premium hybrid bike rental, helmet included
- Luggage transfers
- Detailed maps, route suggestions
- Hotel taxes
- Permanent assistance in case of problems
- 2 dinners
Departure from your hotel in Dijon
Your guide meets you in your hotel in Dijon
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: After booking, you will receive the contact details of the local supplier. To complete the booking, it is mandatory to contact 10 days before our local partner with some additional information.
- Option: E-bike rental +80€
- Comfortable shoes and clothes recommended
- You'll be provided with a high-quality bicycle
- Most of our tours are adapted for people who do not especially practice sports cycling. Our tours avoid as much as possible the climbs, but we are on the vineyard slopes, so it is not excluded to have to climb a little. In case of difficulty, we will set foot on the ground and your guide will be there to help you.
Departure possible every Sunday
You're a bike aficionado and looking for some sportive activities to do during your week-end in Dijo...
Dijon is world famous for its mustard, but the city is also one of France’s most renowned gastronomi...
Spend a full day touring Burgundy and tasting varietals in one of France's top wine regions.Your win...
Feast your senses on the rich aromas and sublime flavors of French wine and cheese on a half-day cul...
France's Cote d'Or escarpment is renowned for its incredible Burgundy wines. Sample some of its fine...
Head into the wine-growing region of the Cote d'Or on a tour from Dijon to experience what makes thi...