Get ready to delve into Ireland's history as you make your way from the heart of Dublin to the Boyne Valley. Found in the east of Ireland, the Boyne Valley is a UNESCO world heritage site that is without a doubt Ireland's most important historic area with sites and monuments dating back over 5000 years. Here, you'll unearth the unique stories that have shaped the history of Ireland and its people. Along the way, you'll stop by a few famed tourist attractions including Newgrange which is the best-known passage tomb in Ireland, Slane Castle where you can snap some fabulous photos and Trim Castle. Used as the location for the film Braveheart, this castle has a rich history which you'll learn all about during a tour of the Keep that will take you to the top of the Tower! You'll also visit the Hill of Tara which was once the ancient seat of power in Ireland and will give you an insight into its history.
Boyne Valley and Newgrange day trip from Dublin
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 8 hours
Do this because
- Dive into Ireland's history and culture at the Boyne Valley
- Step into the blockbuster movie, Braveheart as you take a tour of Trim Castle
- Explore some of the most iconic tourist attractions in Ireland
What to expect
- Local, qualified guide
- Pickup and transport for the day
What's not included
- Entrance fees
- Meals and drinks
- Seniors (over 60 years old): Reduced
- Students with valid ID: Reduced
- Children (5 -12 years old):Reduced
37-38 O'Connell Street Upper, Northside, Dublin, D01 XR67, Ireland
Please meet your guide at AIB Bank on Upper O'Connell Street (opposite the Gresham Hotel).
What to remember
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time
- Newgrange is restricting entry due to sustainability concerns. Advance booking is essential and entry cannot be guaranteed for all groups
- Please note that Trim Castle is open weekends only between 1 November to 31 January
- Entrance fees aren't included in the ticket price, you'll pay these on the day
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes or trainers and bring rain gear and sunscreen
- A minimum of 4 passengers is needed for tours to go ahead
- Please note that children under the age of 5 aren't permitted on this tour
- Please check the calendar to find this tour's availability
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 4 days before the activity begins. If you cancel up to 3 days before, you can still receive a 50 % refund.