Perito Moreno Glacier Minitrek Tour from Calafate
- Trek along the Perito Moreno Glacier, one of the biggest in the world
- Learn about the region's glaciology and glacier rupture
- Go on a boat ride to get another view of the Perito Moreno Glacier
Experience a guided ice walk on one of the world’s largest continental glaciers. You’ll take in the spectacular views of Perito Moreno Glacier on a boat ride across Rico Arm, and learn about the region’s glaciology, glacial rupture, and more.
You’ll depart by boat from Bajo de las Sombras port for a 20-minute ride across Rico Arm, taking in the breathtaking views of the face of Perito Moreno Glacier along the way.
Disembark on the opposite shore, where a specialized bilingual mountain guide will welcome you and lead you to a small shelter. Your group (of not more than 20 persons) will follow the guide along the lake’s shore towards the edge of the glacier.
When you are on the ice your guide will assist in putting your crampons on, and explain how to use them.
The 2-hour circuit that follows introduces you to the fascinating landscape of the glaciers, including streams, small lagoons, gullies, crevasses, and plenty of intensely blue ice formations. The trekking is of moderate difficulty, with ice surfaces that are irregular, but firm and safe.
Your guide will tell you about the flora, fauna, and general glaciology of the region, and also about the particular phenomenon that occurs and eventually produces a glacier rupture.
At the end of the mini-trek, a short stroll through the forest will bring you back to the shelter.
- Round-trip transfers from El Calafate hotels
- Guided tour
- Boat trip to the glacier
- Glass of whisky or spirits at the glacier
- 1-hour visit to the glacier balconies (where you'll be met by a guide)
- All the necessary equipment
- National park entrance fee
- Food and beverages
Julio Argentino Roca 1400, El Calafate, Santa Cruz, Argentina
Centrally located El Calafate hotels
- Please bring: sport shoes or trekking boots (rubber and apres ski boots, and high-heeled shoes are not allowed), comfortable sportswear, long trousers, warm sweater or pile, waterproof or windproof jacket, sun glasses, sunblock, gloves and a boxed lunch
- Restrictions: due to the degree of effort and difficulty that this excursion presents, pregnant women, people who are overweight, and those who have disabilities or health problems are not permitted on the tour. Participants must be between 10 and 65 years old.
Daily at 7.00 am
The tour begins after breakfast, picking up passengers at their hotels, and then accompanied by a gu...
Meet your tour guide right in front of the Recoleta Cemetery. After a short explanation of the area ...
The walking tour starts at Plaza San Martin at the end of Florida street where you're going take the...
At 08.30 am you will be picked up from your hotel to leave Bariloche city. We will travel by route N...
Your private tour starts with a pickup from your Buenos Aires hotel. Meet your knowledgeable guide a...
Enjoy the origiunal Pub Crawl in Buenos Aires! Join the thousands that have already rocked Buenos Ai...
San Antonio de Areco Located 113 km from Buenos Aires this picturesque town conveys all the essence ...
Your full-day tour starts at your hotel in Buenos Aires. Your guide will then take you to the statio...
Leaving from Calafate we take the provincial route Nº11 that, during the first 40 km, it runs beside...
The visit starts at Teatro Colón, where you will meet your tour guide with your tickets.The Teatro C...